Urine Infection?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am feeling quick worried. I have a docs appointment hopefully later today, I'm waiting confirmation. The area where my kidneys are ache a lot, and yesterday I had some mild pain on my left side..not sure what this is..I havnt had any problems urinating, no pain, but I have found myself rushing to the bathroom to avoid accidents..my urine doesnt look dark or anything too.  I know that urine infections can be common with LP...I just wondered what your thoughts on this might be.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Glad you're getting in to see the doctor today, lucky! I think they can test your urine on the spot.
    • Posted

Happy Christmas. Have a wonderful fun filled time

love Sue

• Posted

Thanks, Sue, you have a great one, too! We're trying agroup Skype tomorrow. Hope it works.
  • Posted

Hi Guppy, Does your urine smell odd or fishy is it cloudy or concentrated? Have you been drinking enough today...or yesterday?

have you been gardening extra housework bending or sleeping awkwardly?

Having an urgent need to go to the loo suggests there is a bladder irritation of some sort

cranberrries are brilliant at reducing inflammation in the bladder....a lot of research done in Oxford showed that the bladder was a lot healthier when cranberry juice was taken in. Drink as much as you can  to flush out any infection

go to the loo at two hourly intervals, to empty the bladder to reduce the urgency. What volume of urine are you expelling? 

Good luck at the doctors, and hopefully you will have a Happy Christmas

Sue

• Posted

When I said drink a lot I meant clear fluids...eg water not cranberry juice! A couple of glasses a day should be more than enough 

good luck

Sue

• Posted

Sounds like an urinary tract infection.  I have had PLENTY!  Once you start on antibiotics, it should clear up fairly quickly.... My symptoms with the pain in the left side and the kidneys aching were my first signs of kidney stones, but I HOPE it does not mean that for you. I was told to drink lots of water and to stay away from caffeinated beverages. Merry Christmas... And a Happy 2015 to all of US!
  • Posted

Needs a doctor and tests for sure. Best wishes.  Hope you can have peace of mind before Christmas yet.  
  • Posted

Thanks for everyones response.   I dont have a urine infection which is good! I think its related to the Meds I am taking for my other illness, so I need to get that looked at....
    • Posted

Let's hope it's only a small issue that can easily be solved.
  • Posted

I'm glad that you do not have an UTI! That's good news and I hope they can quickly discover what is causing your problem!

Is it Happy Boxing Day for you?

• Posted

Thank you Hanny and Mary, ..The Meds I had been taking contained Gluten, and I am Gluten intolerant!!! and so my sister is having to FedEx me some new Meds from the UK, its been very stressful, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel and I now know what the problem was..

Hope you all had a great Christmas day!

• Posted

Glad that it wasn't anything too serious and somewhat easily solved.

Enjoy the holidays!

Snowless Christmas, but now it's coming down in buckets.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.