Urine infection is e-coli

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, has anybody been told that their urine infection is e-coli and may be very difficult to get rid of? I never had a consultation with GP just given a prescription and told I may need injections to get rid if it. I have suffered urine infections on and off for years but never like this. I have had high temp for over a year but not looked into. Only when cystitis started a few weeks ago and I took a sample in has it been looked into. First sample showed nothing at gp surgery so he said to do another one to be sent to lab. Just come back with this e-coli which has scared me a bit. I have lots of pain under my left rib and pelvic aches and pains but have had them for ages, could that be connected? He has given me Nitrofurantoin to take for a week but said it is very likely they won't clear it. What causes this? I am very careful with food and hygiene but do eat out a lot and used to buy ready made sandwiches a lot too, so could it be from that? I also have an auto immune disease and have suffered dreadful chest pain for a long time. Could this have been around for a lot longer and I haveen't known about it? 

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sandy, I feel for you. I know exactly how you feel. I have been suffering for years with the same problem does is destroy the immune system. My cousin is an infection disease dr. She claims we need to take Dmannose and probiotics and drink pure cranberry juice. Vitamin C and NOOO sugar. NOOO goodies. Which is hard for me. I like my goodie. Ive always eaten very healthy but I like my goodie too. And wash it all down with tons of WATER DISTILLED WATER. Well I am going to try this. Hope I can stick to it. Just got off another round of anti biotics. Still feel like I have the infection. Dont know what Im going to do?? Please keep us updated on you too. Thank you for your input. Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.