Urine infections

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, as I've always found this forum to be very helpful, I now need more advice! As it's now almost 5 months since I had my rectocele and cystocele surgery I'm continuing to get urine infections, as I was getting them before the surgery too. I seem to be forever on antibiotics - also feel that everything still hasn't gone back as I feel a drop as the day goes on 😦 Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you, Sarnie

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

IT TAKES A WHILE FOR THE SWALLOWING TO GO DOWN. THAT MIGHT BE ONE REASON YOU FEEL FULL. I HAD A RECTOCELE SURGERY A D OT FELT LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE. ITS HAD BEEN A YEAR SINCE THE SURGERY NOW I FEEL BACK TO NORMAL. THE DOCTOR PROCLAIMS THAT THE HEALING TAKES EIGHT WEEKS BUT IT REALLY TAKES ABOUT A YEAR.

• Posted

hi sandra

if I was yiu you I would be going back to see my consultant. There viukd be a few reasons why your having infections,the main one is lack if estrogen in the vagina and urinary tract.

I'm not sure how old you are but if post menopause vagifem will help you with this.

if you still feel a drop I wiu.d get it checked. although it takes up to 12 months to be back to normal from these ops.

The more antibiotics you take the more resistant you become to the bugs in the bladder. they burrow into the bladder wall and are very stubborn indeed.

after my tvh and repeat anterior repair I took d mannose powder from healthshop which gets rid of them really well.xx

• Posted

I've had one bladder infection after surgery to repair my bladder prolapse . It occurred about 2 weeks after the surgery. I went on a round of Bactrium and it cured that infection. I have been in fear getting more infections. I was told to use a high dose of over the counter capsule of cranberry supplement with I take daily and I also take a probiotic. daily now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.