Urine Leakage and Constipation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i've been struggling with chronic constipation for quite some time now. Although i go to the toilet to empty my bowels daily, i have to strain/struggle to empty and a few other issues. I always thought this was simply due to my bad diet and lack of exercise and once i fixed this, the problem would no longer exist. However, recently i've been having urine leakage and when i go to the washroom to pee, now i'm getting leakage. I've tried staying there for a minute or so more and a bit more pee comes out but when i've gone out of the bathroom, the urine leakage occurs either straight away or sometimes it will even come out after 10 minutes a little bit that i can feel alongside my leg. I'm not sure what to do, i'm extremely uncomfortable as i'm only 21 years old and not sure why this is occurring and what i can do to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think ii've posted this in the wrong section, It should be in the Men's section.

• Posted

Take miralax or a generic brand for the constipation. Put in water.  It is tasteless. Think u should see a urologist for the leakage
  • Posted

I would strongly recommend that you get a an abdominal x-ray, because given your history of constipation, you could have a case of fecal impaction. In fecal impaction the stool is so hard, that it is sometimes immovable and this stool may cause the urethra to be pinched, causing, urinary issues such as leakage. Some treatments that the doctor will prescribe for fecal impaction depending on its severity, are laxatives, manual removal, enema's and surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.