Urine retention and rapid fast track referral

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all

Wondering if anyone may be able to offer any advice.

So for the past 6 months or so I have become incontinent most of the time. I wear a thick pad/all of the time.

So I was retaining 412ml urine last week. After passi g urine and catheter drained 90mls.

This week the nurse came to my home to do another. This time after toilet I have 760mls and catheter drained 40ml.

I have blood and protein I. My urine. No growth for uti.

I suffer and have for years of low back ache severe pain hip and pain under ribs in back. More new of symptoms.

I can go to toilet and pass50ml sometimes 300ml but more so the lesser amount. Frequent trips to toilet. Passing g large amounts of urine in Intercourse.

I feel so so tired, weak, my body aches so bad. I'm 35 student midwife and not sure I can Continue my career.

I am obese a smoker so yes k ow that wont help but I am at of my tether of been brushed off for being fat.

My questions are

What and why could I possibly be retaining so much.

Has any one gone through this.

I was told its fast tracked and should be aware it could be cancer or they will be assessing for it.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.