Uro Lift

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am eager to discover hospitals that will undertake the Uro Lift procedure for prostate problems on the NHS. It would help if there is information of those within reasonable distance of Bedford. Can anyone please help?

David.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

David. I am in UK. Has your urologist recommended this op? There are other less/non invasive options. I had a PAE instead, and I paid for that overseas rather than waiting for NHS (I am 76). Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan

i had a PAE in January 2018.

Its been marginally better ... no more Silodyx needed.I pass pee ok , but volume of Prostate seems ti limit my capacity.How is your PaE been

• Posted

Mr President.

I have not previously heard of Silodyx but have now Googled it.

My problem was that the prostate was pressing hard on my bladder and causing - particularly at night - frequent visits to the loo. That has now eased, The radiologist, on the basis of an MRI that day, said last Monday that my prostate was now 10% smaller. Whether that would stay the same in future he was non-committal! I am happy at present it has worked

• Posted

I had mine done at Frimley Park Hospital. You can look it up. Best of Luck

• Posted

Hi David,

I am currently on the waiting list for this procedure at Southmead hospital in Bristol.

I have been on the list since November after having been originally scheduled to have it on the 8th of August 2018 when it was cancelled on the day due to me going into retention. The waiting time for the first attempt was 8 months.

Best wishes,

Steve.

• Posted

Very sorry to hear that you have such a long wait Steve and that retention has prolonged it further. I hope there will be an opening for you before too long. I guess that's a good warning for me.

Thanks for your reply,

David.

• Posted

Just my thoughts. Urolift doesn't appeal to me. You're just compressing prostate tissue so it takes up less space. Seems to me in the long run its a recipe for bigger problems down the road. Again just my thoughts, plenty of people have had great results

• Posted

I agree, those were my feelings too. Along with having other devices in your prostate that could cause issues, but just my thoughts also.

• Posted

I have always doubted its worth. Better to laser it than bind it up as it must still grow.

I think of the expression... With one bound he was free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.