Uro Lift confusion

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hello. I've been reading some of your comments on these issues and you seem to have an interest in them and be knowledgeable. I am 59 years old and struggling with enlarged prostate and growing symptoms over the last eight years or so. I asked the urologist when I would have to do something about it and he said "When I have to do something about it." The last time I went he asked me how often I was up at night and I told him five or six times and he said that's too much. I agree. I also have trouble on my long auto trips being able to last very long between stops. I am in generally very good health except for this. Not overweight, exercise a lot. He recommended the Uro lift but when I tried to schedule they told me my insurance Blue Cross/Blue Shield does not cover it and that he could instead do the TURP procedure. I had researched and kind of wrapped my head around the lift and wanted to go in that direction. I am in the Memphis Tennessee area. I will no longer have Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage under the ACA so will have to change to a non-ACA Blue Cross Blue Shield or some other company under the ACA. There is a good chance I will have a very high deductible. I could not really get a price from the urologist office so I could consider self pay But I know the there is a big discount for the insurance companies so I don't know if self pay would even be a realistic option. Any ideas on all of this. My doctor is Dr. Greenberger with memphis urology. thanks for any insight you can provide. Raleigh Sanford.

0 likes, 92 replies

92 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for that. My doc said it wasn't but I didn't like the way he answered so was a little sceptical. I may have to look into that in the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.