Urodynamic test

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I am a regular on here and having few complications after TAH BSO with my bladder I am to have a urodynamic test and wondered if anyone has had one and if it hurts? Pretty scared as to what consultant said. Can anyone help?

Nic

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Nicola I haven't had one or even heard of it hope someone else on here can help you out and hope you get sorted soon and on the mend Lyn x
  • Posted

Haven't haven't had one yet, but I think it's planned!  From what I've read no it doesn't hurt but a bit undignified - like all the women's issues!! What did the Consultant say to scare you? Xx
  • Posted

Hi honey,

It doesn't hurt at all. You empty your bladder and then you will have a small catheter inserted you are then filled with saline and then you are sat on a commode type thing. As you wee the machine at the bottom will measure pressure and flow. When you are sat on the commode this will be on your own. It's honestly nothing to worry about at all.

I've had a few done now. And I've also had cystoscopies done where camera is inserted.

Hope you get answers soon

Xxx

• Posted

Hi catlady

Thank you got your kind words and help on my concerns x I will as always keep you all posted going forward xxxx 😘 xx

• Posted

Hi Nicola

I had an urodynamic test about a year before my hysterectomy.  Don't worry no pain involved at all.  Maybe a bit embarrassing, but lucky for me my surgeon did the test (he seems to run both departments!) and between him and the wonderful staff nurse on duty, we all had quite a laugh, they were very considerate.  The bit I enjoyed was watching the computer, I had three catheters inserted and they show up in different colours and they try to make you urinate while you are wired up, such as running water, coughing, they are not allowed to make you sneeze any more.  That is always my downfall!  Then you are allowed to urinate into  a measurement toilet (they do leave the room while you do this) this measures the amount and the volume.  

Hope it all goes well for you.  

Love

Jacqui biggrin

• Posted

Hi jacqui

Thank you so much feel relieved now I think I can manage the embarrassing part think us women are used to it haha x I am waiting for my pre op appointment as have had complications after my hysterectomy and in a lot of pain plus the peeing myself ha so they going back in to investigate they thinks it adhesions only had my op in July open surgery as they took my ovaries too x I will get there in the end 😃 xxx

• Posted

Hi Nicola

Hope they manage to sort out your problem for you.  Yes us women seem to handle embarrassing situations on the medical front don't we!  Still as long as we can still smile through it all we are not doing bad.

Let me know how you get on.

Love

Jacqui 

• Posted

Hi girls

Thank you so much for your help and reassurance I don't feel to bad about it now ha x I love it on here as you feel comfortable talking about everything and anything but we all have one thing in common we are all woman and we are strong haha xxx I will keepin touch thanks again xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.