Urodynamic testing

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have an appointment to see the urologist consultant at the local hospital next week and was wondering what to expect?

I had a urethral catheter fitted in March after having urninary retention following a nose operation (don't know how that works!) and have also had a failed trial without catheter in April. I had an ultrasound of my bladder done but haven't been told the results as of yet.

I was just wondering what would happen at this testing and how would it work with a catheter in? I didn't understand how they could measure the flow of urinie if it's coming out a tube? I haven't really been told what will happen on the day so I'm just looking to see if anyone else has had this testing done and what to expect really. Any replays would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go to YouTube and ask 'urodynamic testing procedure' and all wiil be revealed'

Ask how accuruate a diagnostic tool it is. When I asked Uro who did my cystoscopy he said it is only worthwhile about 50% of the time. I will be interested to hear what your one says. 

• Posted

yes look on line basically they will fill your bladder through a catherter possibly the one you have in then when you feel really full they will get you to pass urine oujt again they will look at the speed and whether yiu clear your bladder - which you are probably not doing 
  • Posted

Thanks I'll have a look online and see what they say. I did look on google and could only find information on it when you have urinary incontinence.

But if I can't urinate on my own without the catheter how can they tell the speed and if I can clear it by myself?

Thanks for your responses!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.