Urogynacologist didn't do a dynamics test?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I have my anterior repair with sutures on April 18th.

I have been thinking whether my urogynacologist should of

Done s urodynamics test? I don't have leakage just the usual

If I need to wee I usually have to go within 15 minutes or may be a little

Longer.Ami ovetthinking here? I'm guessing that test is for ladies

That leak? Any advice would be great..thankyou ladies😘

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

There was no indication you would need a urodynamics test so why put you through it? I didn't have one either.
    • Posted

Thankyou matron... I'm just worried I'll have pee issues afterward

As he didn't test me... I'm paying foirt this op and casnt afford to

Have another four pee issues lol.you understand don't you?xxxx

• Posted

Yes I understand but you don't have any issues such as incontinence so it would be wasting your money and time having the procedure x
    • Posted

Yes your quite right.. He knows what he is doing for sure.

Matron you are priceless on thus forum. Us ladies ate blessed

To know you. Happy Easter lovely!!πŸ’•πŸ’•

• Posted

I had the test and yes I use to leak occasionally. Maybe as I went private it was extra money for them. Really only proved that I had stress incontinent when I sneezed or run and bladder was full.

I use to be able to hold myself other times and never had a problem with urge incontinence.

I wouldn't worry that you haven't had the test, because if I wasn't a runner I wouldn't of felt I had a problem at all. The test was very embarrassing. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

• Posted

Hi Linda, thasts great, thanks for your reply.. I suppose our bladders

Can only hold for so long anyway can't they. Oh I hate being as woman

sometimes😒.. Over not really noticed any issues ad I just wee

When I need too.xxxxx

• Posted

I had my op on 11 th March.

My only word of advise is just get in some glycerine suppositories, just incase you need them. Helped me just over the first few days, but not had a problem since. Eat a good fibre diet, drink plenty and rest.

I wish you all the best and hope you get on as well as me.

• Posted

😘😘😘😘 thankyou. Your so kind,I hope so too.I'll keep in touch. Xx
    • Posted

Do I need glycerine supps for ant repair? Are they gentle with no cramping?

Can't cope with cramps.xx

• Posted

The glycerine suppositories had no side effects for me personally and only used them for a few days.

I was sent out the hospital with fybogel but also found after a few days I just regulated back to normal with diet.

Just best to have things in place and hopefully like me you may not require them. Everyone is different.

Your be fine.

• Posted

I didn't have the tests either but didn't have any real problems beforehand. The biggest problem I had was peeing on my thigh at the end of my stream, it just went in the wrong direction! πŸ˜‚. I am now Peeing nearly straight down with a thin steam and a good amount of force behind it! I think my prolapse issues were much worse than I realized.

Definitely keep your stools soft, lots of water, fruit and lactulose. My bowels are still asleep, I don't get the urge to push just a lot of pain when I need to go. It was the same after my ankle surgery. I'm still holding myself when I go because I have to strain a teeny bit to go. X

• Posted

Ahh thanks Rosie,that's great advice. Cash I buy lactolose off the chemist?

I never use over counter medicine.. I go thee natural route normally. Xx

• Posted

When you are discharged they should give you Lactulose or whatever they prescribe so don't buy anything just yet.
    • Posted

Like matron said, I got mine when I was discharged. I find lactulose really good, quite mild. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.