Urogynaecologist

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I realise i need to see a urogynae but am having dificulty finding one. My GP is able to refer me to our local hospital but they have no specific urogynae based there. They did have one but she retired two years ago and not replaced. My GP is happy to refer me but has indicated i would have to do the research myself as no one ha smade this request previously! 🙄

When i google it the nhs website indicates there are no urogynaes in my area only urologists OR gynaecologists. Ive also looked at 3 localish private hospitals and none have a specific urogynae. Im in North West London. Is there anyone who can recommend someone in NW or West London that i can see on the nhs?

thanks. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi. 

There are 2 at our local NHS hospital bit that is in Medway x

Hope you find one. I find it very that your local area does not offer such an important service in women’s health 

Kind regards 

Tracey x

• Posted

Thanks. Kent is maybe a little far for me but you never know! This area (the whole of north and north west London) shut two of its A+E departments a couple of years ago. Think there are only 3 for the whole region now so not surprised no urogynaes tbh. 
  • Posted

I would just google best urogyna in an area. That iscwhat I did.

I travelled 4 hours to see mine and I am so glad I did. X

• Posted

I was wondering whether you had approached Northwick Park Hospital to serif they have an appropriate service?
    • Posted

Hi,  yes its my local hospital ans they have a great menopause clinic there but the urogynaecologist has retired! Well thats what i was told. Ive discovered one at the Queen Charlotte and Hammersmith so am hoping to go there. Thank you 
  • Posted

I have heard some good reports for Andrew Hextall (Bushey Spire hospital) and also Jo Hockey (royal free).  kindly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.