Urolift

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello friends.  I told you that I would let you know about my Urolift after I saw my Urologist.  I am going on 4 month's now all is well with the implants and peeing well no meds.  But 6 weeks ago I had started to leak and can't feel when.  Also have pain in bladder and lower back.  I should tell you I have a defected kidney.  It sets on my bladder on the left side.  That is were the pain is.  It comes and goes.  Sometime if I pee it's better.  I am going for a US Renal on thrusday.  My doctor think I have a kidney stone.  We will see.  Now with the peeing.  I explaned to my doctor what was going on.  This is what he told me.  I have a stricture just before the prostate which he know about.  He say that when He did the urolift he was very careful with the equipment putting  it through the stricture but being it is bigger they the scope camera it may have ripe some of the stricture and made more scare tissue.  When i pee I do empty the bladder but the stricture can be holding some urine back and when I move is when it come out.  Which makes scents.  For now I'm wearing a pad just in case.  I go back in 4 weeks and he will check it.  If that is the case he is going to use a balloon to scratch it out.  He told me he don't what to cut it out right now unless he has to. .  Will let you know what going out later.  Good health to all...Ken           

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ken, you said you have a "defected" kidney. Do youy mean "infected"? Just curious. Concerning stricture. Is "stricture" perhaps scar tissue in the uretha tube? What exactly is stricture? Hopefully the ballon method will work versus cutting it out. That sounds a bit rough.

Pete

• Posted

Peter Thank you for the reply.  I found it out 12 years ago when i had kidney stones.  It's under developed. Half the normal size and it is on my bladder.  The urologist told me that it happy's sometimes.  He told me i was the second one he saw in 28 years.  He also told me that I may have trouble when I get older with it.  Already talk to my urologist now and he said if it does shuts down the other one will take over.  Yes that is what it is scar tissue for the kidney stones surgery.  I did not know that I had it.  Found out last year when I was in the hospital.  They try to catheter me.  force it in 2 time never got it in the bladder.  It hurt so bad.  They never told me what they were doing just came in and took one leg of my pants off and force it in.  was yelling at me if I had a prostate problem.  I could have been hurt worse if he would have kept going.  Thats what my doctor say.  Never talked to me at all and just left the room.  I will never forget it.  They treated me like a piece of meat. It by the urethral sphincter muscle. Thats way I had the urolift done.  after 6 months my prostate was closing on the urethra. So I had to force it thur the prostate and then the stricture.  I trust my doctor and we well  see what is going to happen in 4 weeks  Ken  
  • Posted

Two week follow results with doc appointment today.  Found out where the "chunks" came from.  Seems the equipment that puts in the thingie is a single shot item.  So he had to go in and out SIX times.  He said with the camera and gear the instrument sort of has to force its way in each of the SIX times.   So the chunks were residue from my urethra that got chewed up in the process.  He's pleased with my rapid recovery - as I am. Cleared me for sexual activity.  And said I can discontinue the Flomax/Tamulosin now.  Been really looking forward to that to hopefully lose the side effects - particularly difficulty swallowing and runny nose.  We'll see.   Asked him about that sort of weird feeling that there's something new down there inside me.  He said that should pretty well pass after another two weeks and that I should be fully healed after three months.  Last night was able to get 4 hours and 45 minutes continuous deep sleep which is new for me.  Very pleased.  Doc suggested I might want to take one Ditropan to relax my bladder at night and sleep better.  Don' t know that I'll do that due to the side effect of feeling like I need to push urine through the urethra.  Over all - very pleased as is the doc.
    • Posted

I am very happy for you.  Had some of the blood clogs the first 2 days after the urolift.  I ask yesterday. That is what he told me the urolift stuff is bigger then the normal scope I had 4 implants.  Why are you still on meds.  I went off all meds after I had it done.  I peed well after the catheter was taking out and I sleep most of the night and pee in the morning.  I did not like the side effects of the pills that why I had the urolift  Good helth  Ken
  • Posted

Sounds like you are very well aware of what's goin on down there and on top of it!

How were your fist few weeks?I am in my 3rd week of my Urolift, The first 2 weeks I had to be catheterd because I was could hardly get dribbles out. So now it's been out for 2 days and I know that I am retaining but I am also peeing too, just not that great.I am a little reluctant to drink too much but my dr said to push fluids. I almost want the dr to go inside and take a look to make sure all is correct.

I don't know how much a bladder can hold before it becomes dangerous. Also does anyone know how you can check bladder content without goin to the hospital or dr?? Thanks all!

• Posted

Hello Anthony.  Yes I had mine going on 4 month's.  My first week was the worst.  I did have a catheter in for 2 days because my doctor know how I was.  I do not pee on demand. The first 2 day I had blood clogs coming out from around the catheter And the bladder spasms were the pits. The day I had it out it did burn when I peed. The flow got better in about a week  I was great after a few weeks.  I did wait 6 week to drive to GA was going to do it in 4 but he say no to much sitting.  I am off all meds and have no problems at  all selping at night. Also do drink alot of wather you do need to fluch you bladder out.  It can hold alot and don't let anyone tell you that the bladder will burst.  If you do have trouble take a shower or a hot bath that will help. But if you can pee at all for 24 hours do go to the hospital  If you like to chat I will be happy to talk  Take care and relax  Ken
  • Posted

My first two weeks are well documented above.  After the surgery I asked the doc if I could quit the Flomax.  He recommended I continue to take it while I was healing.  That made sense so I did.  No more now though.
    • Posted

That is good I hated that pill.  I ask my doctor if I should take it and he told me that it was up to me.  I stopped it and I was fine.  Some of them pills are a mans worse nightmare.  Take care  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.