Urolift

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had the Urolift in Austarlia.I am thinking of having the proceedure and would like to know how it was for others.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

What is a Urolift
    • Posted

It is a proceedure for enlarged prostates, My Urolagise recommended it to me a few months ago and i am thinking of having it done. Iwanted to know how other guys went with it. It is very non invasive.

• Posted

sorry pushed reply twice
    • Posted

Well  didn't have that done I had a turp and a dilation of the urethra and a hydrocele repaired  all invasive  and started it all with cancer in the right kidney  it's gone now all  started 3/08/16  good to get rid of the cancer but the rest was difficult to deal with 

• Posted

There are plenty of men who have sucessfully enjoyed good results, but there are things to be aware of. Pricipally, it is a long-term solution for hardly anyone, because essntially it amounts to 'pinning aside' a closing aperture within your prostate, yet the prostate contines to grow, and sooner or later it needs either tightening up, more staples put in, or a more surgical answer. How long a solution any individual gets is entirely dependant on the prostate growth rate, and can be anything to several months to several years.

Additionally, one needs to know succes can depend upon the presence or not of a third central lobe to your prostate, whether or not your prostate is pushing up into into your bladder, indeed in some cases the prostate is not the real cause of your BPH symptoms at all.

In my personal opinion if the factors are all in your favour then go for it, but there are nowadays more and more less barbaric actual surgical removal procedures available which will often give more durable results. Make sure you have as much prostate visualuation made before any final decis ion would be my advice.

• Posted

Thank you for that gbhall. One of the questions i was going to ask my Urolagist was does the prostate continue to enlarge as i would then go off medication once i had the urolift and what happens down the track if it does. I think that was mymain concern.

​When you say surgical removal what do you mean by that? Idont think i want anything removed. Idont want a TURP either.

​I have put this off for 8 months as i was not sure if it really is the answer. This is why i started this to see what others thought, if they knew somethingmore  or if anyone had it done and what was the outcome

• Posted

Recieving like what you sent does make you rethink it
  • Posted

Urolift appears to be a wide term. We in Pakistan never heard of this term. I had gone through prostate op more than 10 yrs back; not its total removal but TUR. I have been Ok since then. Prostate again does get enlarged but not much as my experience goes.
  • Posted

John, I had Urolift done 1 year ago. For me it has not been a complete success. After 1 year my pee stream has weakend again somewhat. Plus I continue to get up 2 to 4 times a night to pee. The one negative is the pins shot through the uretha and through the prostate are permanate I have been told. i was up front concerned about this because if I wanted a future new process done( PAE, FLA or other) I wondered if that would affect the procedure with still having pins imbedded in my uretha. Don't really know and am in a waiting process at the moment. I also had a swelling blockage hours after my Urolift. Went home without a catheter at 11am. By 2pm I was in terrible shape because I could not pee. That is a horrific experience to need to pee real bad and you can't at all. Had to go to the emergency ward to get a cath put in. What a relief!! There is nothing like the pain of not being able to pee and you can't. Hope it never happens to you. Others on this site asked to have a cath put in after the Urolift which is a smart move. Could be for a couple of days to one week. Keep searching EVERYTHING out there before you commit to any procedure. Recently heard of FLA (Focal Laser Ablation). Sounds promising. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks very much Peter its now 8 months since my Urolagist spoke about having the urolift. I didnt want ro rush into it and now having second thoughts. I never like any treatment beingdone unless it has to be done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.