Urolift

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had the Urolift in Sydney about 8-months ago.

Initially all good, now beginning to struggle peeing at night, every now and then, again.

I see the pins (?) can be tightened ?   Does this involve full anaesthetic again  or a simpler procedure - is it a ring or and open ended spanner ???

A word of caution in the immediate aftermath of the procedure.   

I went back to exercise too early and peed blood.

Got into a spa too early and peed blood.

Re-told masturbation as '...not really sex...' too early and peed blood.

Went to the surgeon's nurses and all said, all of the above should wait one-month - the surgeon's nurses were much better informing me of recovery times than the surgeon.

If the tightening is possibility, I will see my surgeon again and let him at me with his socket set.

All in all, I love the Urolift - generally peeing okay again and loving making a mess whenever I am lucky enough to have sex.  

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes you can have them tighten.  About 9 months after I had my urolift I got a prostate infection.  Was on 2000mg of ciprofloxacin for 1 month.  After no pain.  2 months later had my stricture check.  That was find but the doctor found out that 1 of the implants got loose.  He tryed to redo it but it hurt like hell and told him to stop.  4 weeks later I had it done again I was put out he put a new one in and tighten the other 3  He told me that my prostate got smaller for some reason.  He this it was the cipro.  That was good for me.  Had a catheter for a few day had it out and was good to go.  Like you said sex is great  Ken 
    • Posted

I hope this helped you.  Any question just ask  Ken
    • Posted

Whether he contacted you because of my suggestion or not, no matter.  You are the go-to-guy on the subject.  Thanks.
    • Posted

Thank you for saying that mark  I just try to help.  I had mine 2 1/2 years ago and its great.  Sometime they do not work that because they did not put enough implants on the prostate.  I had 4 no problem.  Sometime they have to put up to eight. And they your great.  I would put as many as I have to not to have any of the other procedure that starts cutting it out.  No side effects and all is in working order.  Take care and thank you again  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.