Urolift

Posted , 6 users are following.

When are you able to begin having sex after a Urolift procedure with no catheter.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello  My doctor told me to wait 4 weeks.  I waited 10 days.  Had a very intense orgasm.  Some blood but went away.  It is really up to you and how you feel  Take care  Ken. 
  • Posted

So when did you have the procedure?

Are you able to urinate without catheter?

• Posted

I didn’t have a catheter. I was able to urinate right after the procedure. Within 36-48 hours there was no blood in my urine.
  • Posted

I had the procedure six weeks ago and had sex after 3 weeks. However, I've had to self-cathe since the procedure. The urologist said he was surprised I couldn't urinate but that it would come back spontaneously in a month or two.

• Posted

Been two years since my Urolift.  Love it.  Don't recall how long before sex, but it wasn't long.  Two things - found I ejaculated like a teenager again - was off Flomax then, and for a few weeks you can feel the "inserts" when you come.  Probably from the muscles that do the ejaculation work.  Not painful - just different.

• Posted

Good evening Riverkilt had mine all most 3 years.  Orgasm are more intense Ken 
    • Posted

Thanks for the information. Do you remember how long it took to feel all the positive effects? Also, how many times did you wake up at night before the procedure and do you wake up at night now?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.