Urolift

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my procedure down 5 days ago, if I can help anyone with questions I will .

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Good morning  Jon.  Are are things going.  Did you have a catheter or no.  I had mine done over 3 1/2 years ago  Still wide open  Hope all is well with you.  Just relax  Ken
    • Posted

Just this urge to pee, during the day, try to hold on to it but can't .

• Posted

No Cath, how you doing.
    • Posted

You will have that for the first few weeks but it will get better.  I had a catheter for 3 days.  I ask for it  because when i was doing my research I found out after the men had it done they were able to pee right after but when they went home that had a problem peeing and had to go to the hospital and had a catheter put in.  And don't know about you but I would rather have one put in when I am out then when I am awake.  I am still wide open after 3 years. After the catheter came out I use male pads just in case.  Drink a lot of water and dry not to sit to long on your butt.  If you have some pain and you feel like you need to pee and can't take a hot bath or shower and just let it run on you  Take it easy  Ken

• Posted

I was just ready for anything.  Never had a catheter before   I was glad I had a pad the day I had the catheter out.  It will hold a lot  I had 4 clips put in.  Take care  You will enjoy it.  No side effect.  Orgasms are more intense Please want at least 4 week.  Got yelled at from my doctor only waited 8 days.  The reason they want you to wait is because they wait the clips to a here to the prostate.  Just take it easy  Ken
  • Posted

Jon,  I had mine 2 1/2 years ago.  I had 5 fasteners.  How many did you get?  I also had no catheter, and had no issues.  The initial burning upon urination was the worst part but that went away fairly quickly.  Improvement was quite dramatic and I am still doing well.  As Ken states, jut relax and give it time.  Good luck.  Bob
    • Posted

Thanks Bob, very happy with the procedure, I will get some pads and hope the ergentcy to pee will settle down .
  • Posted

One urologist said I wouldn’t be a candidate for Urolift due to a relatively large median lobe. Prostate is 65gms and 6 bladder stones. 

Anyone have a  Urolift with a median lobe? How long ago did you have the procedure ?

What is the average time before another procedure is necessary?

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Phil, I had my procedure last Friday, all went well, I also had s medium lobe, which he done same time as the UROLIFT, I was lucky the urologists already explained until he had me under the camera, the lobe may need to be done at the same time

Which he did, I had a general which was great, woke up all done, week down the road all good, back driving, and light work .

• Posted

If you have a doctor that does Urolift he will be able to pin it done to one side.  My urologist has done some with the median lobe  Men are very please.  Cut off is 80 gm but I do know there are trails going on now with 100 gm and median lobes.  It can work and there good for at least 5 year and if the prostate drows they can put in more clips  Ken  
    • Posted

Lazered it, when did you have the UROLIFT, are you happy, no side effects .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.