urolift

Posted , 8 users are following.

My doctor said that if he does a urolift on me, and it does not work then the only way the clips can be removed is with a turp. so I am trying mirabegron for a month to see if it works before i do the urolift

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Lew,

I thought Urologists had a special tool for removing Urolift clips, but don't really know for sure. If they do remove the clip in the urethra the nylon wire and clip on the outside of the prostate remain.

There are other people on this site who have had Urolift, and know more about it than me. Kenneth1955 can probably answer your question.

Also search the internet for info about Urolift removal.

Thomas

• Posted

Good evening Lew

Sounds to me like the doctor is trying to push you to have a Turp???

I had the Urolift done 4 years ago. Still open.

Has per taking them out. The Urolift has 3 parts. You can have the urethral piece and the nylon thread removed. The only thing that has to stay is the anchor. You will not feel it. Did you have all the test done and is your prostate the problem . It will open you up.

I hope this helps...Ken

• Posted

Ken,

Do they use a special tool to remove the urethral clips ? How would they remove the nylon thread ? Do they have to detach the thread from the anchor ?

Thomas

• Posted

Tom

That is a good question. The thread it cut from the anchor leaving it attach to the clip and they are removed with a standard grasper.

The Urolift does what it is suppose to do. Open you up to make a tunnel. I have a extra anchor in. 9 months after I had my Urolift done I had to have a repair. My prostate got smaller and 1 of the clips got loose. Had it done and he replace the one and tighten the other 3.

I would do it again in a minute. I have never felt them at all. They say 4 to 5 years. It is going on 4 for me. Id I have to have a few more put in to save my sex life I would. I'm 63 and have no side effect at all.

If you have any other question please PM me and we can talk about it....Ken

• Posted

Ken.

He said my prostate is medium size, and is not sure if it is causing my constant urination it may be my bladder he said. so he will know after I take the drug for 6 weeks. Then he will do urolift in th hospital with anethesia.

I dont want to wait that long so I am going to tell him to do the lift asap.

• Posted

Lew

It may be your bladder. Try the pills first take them from a couple of weeks. You should be able to see the different. Maybe that is all you need.

I would tell him to see if he can put you in for surgery at 4 weeks. You can always cancel the surgery but try the pills first. What is he going to put you on.

Good luck......Ken

• Posted

Ken

He has put me on Myrbetriq. I thought that a urologist would be able to tell if my frequency is from my prostate or bladder without experimenting with medication. He said my prostate is medium sized.

• Posted

Lew That pill will help. Very few side effect. Just give yourself some time. Some men heal slower then others.

Just relax and take it easy....Ken

• Posted

Lew,

How old are you? Do you know your PVR? Do you drink coffee? How long have you had the issue? Do you know your flow rate?

Tim

• Posted

Ken, I have been taking mirabegron and it is not working. He doesn't seem to know what is causing it and he says that my prostrate is of medium size,

Lew

• Posted

I did try that pill at one time. I have a tight external sphincter. I'm on Vesicare 10 mg I can tell the difference. See if he has any samples. It is worth a try. It will relax the prostate and the bladder. Been on it for a year. no side effects

Ken

• Posted

William - how did GL work out for you. We don't get too many positive remarks about GL on here. My Urologist had me lined up to have it done after doing no more than a DRE with a gloved hand. I still can't decide if I'm just so typical that he knew what I needed or it was like "if you have a hammer" every problem is a nail. It must work for a lot of men because we don't get a lot of negative comments on it here from experience.

• Posted

Keith

Please don't rush into any procedure. A doctor with only doing a DRE only can tell if it is enlarged. Did he ask you to do some other test. There are meds that help the prostate to get smaller. It your bladder ok. Do you have a problem going to the bathroom.

Please what ever you do research it first. That 1 test does not prove anything.

Good luck.....Ken

• Posted

I could not be happier, great flow and shut off, and no sexual side effects including no RE.

• Posted

Hey William

Very happy for you. You must have had a good caring doctor that took his time and listened to your concerns. Also there have been other men on here that there out come was not has good. Heal time was long and they did not like the side effects.

Take care. Enjoy all you have....Ken

• Posted

it's like any procedure you need to find an experienced Dr. recovery was much easier than from the UROLIFT.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.