Posted , 11 users are following.
I am still on the waiting list for the Urolift procedure. I have been on the list since January 2018. I went to have it done in August 2018 but it was cancelled half an hour before I was due to go to theatre because I went into retention. I was sent home with a catheter which I had for three weeks. I was re-listed for the operation and had a pre-operative check back in December 2018. Since then I have heard nothing from the hospital.
I am taking Tamsulosin and Finasteride which I have been on for 6 and 4 years respectively.
Prior to being placed on the list in 2018 I had a flexible cystocopy and urodynamic tests which revealed I had an occluded prostate and that my bladder was having to exert a lot of pressure to get urine out. I was offered a TURP but declined in favour of Urolift.
Since I have had the catheter I have experienced some improvement in my symptoms, mainly the burning discomfort I was suffering after urination which seemed constant along with the urge to pee all the time. Urinating, on the whole, is variable but adequate with an average void of about 200ml.
The truth is I do not know, with all the negative articles on this forum recently, whether I should go ahead with it or not. I am concerned that it may just make it worse. On the other hand I am worried, if I do nothing, whether I am just storing up trouble for the future as my original urologist said 'Doing nothing is not an option'.
Any advice? What would you do? Anyone had this done and had a positive experience?
I am in the UK and relying on the NHS so do not have many choices open to me.
0 likes, 34 replies