Urolift post recovery

Posted , 8 users are following.

i had urolift one week ago . when should i expect my stream to be stronger? when i go, there is very little urine amd and i still feel a struggle to pee.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I wish you the best of luck. Had it done several years ago. A big bust. Actually caused more problems although nothing real serious. Really didn't help anything. I hope yours is successful.

• Posted

It didn't work for me, I ended up having to get two of the clips removed. But the first two weeks will really suck, then it should start improving. After 4 weeks you should know if its going to improve or hopefully get back to par if it doesn't.

• Posted

Hey Rick,

I am 5th day post op with similar symptoms to what you are having. I left hospital without a catheter but had to go back within 24 hour when swelling inflammation stopped flow. Catheter out two days later. My Urologist has me on Flomax and Voltarin to relax the bladder, prostate and lessen inflammation. He was encouraged with the opening from the procedure. I have my follow up with Dr. at two weeks post op.

Please post again to let me know how your recovering is going.

• Posted

I had urolift with 7 clips installed 6 months ago. Immediate improvements with strong stream after the catheter was removed one week later but for the first 2 weeks thereafter frequent bathrooms visits. After 4 months the stream reduced to what it was before surgery, but without the previous urgency for frequent bathroom visits, only one per night. Before it used to be 4 to 6 times a night. At the end before the surgery, I had complete retention and had to take an ambulance to the hospital where they installed a catheter. I wore the catheter for 6 weeks, including one week after the procedure.

• Posted

I had urolift with 7 clips installed 6 months ago. Immediate improvements with strong stream after the catheter was removed one week later but for the first 2 weeks thereafter frequent bathrooms visits. After 4 months the stream reduced to what it was before surgery, but without the previous urgency for frequent bathroom visits, only one per night. Before it used to be 4 to 6 times a night. At the end before the surgery, I had complete retention and had to take an ambulance to the hospital where they installed a catheter. I wore the catheter for 6 weeks, including one week after the procedure.

• Posted

I'm about 2 1/2 months out, 4 clips. Had clotting issues after week 1 that sent me back into the hospital for 3 days while it cleared up via CBI (Continual Bladder Irrigation). This was not pleasant.

I spoke with my urologist a week ago and he said that I should by now fundamentally be enjoying all the improvement I'm likely to get. This is perhaps 10-15%. Had I known how little the 'lift would help I would not have gone through all the trouble.

I'm now considering a Rezum treatment, doing research, and will be having another cystoscopy (oh joy) in late January to rule out something other than the prostate.

I wish you well in your recovery and hope the procedure helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.