Urolift - Review

Posted , 44 users are following.

Most of the Urolift reviews I see are posted on the Urolift website or on doctors websites where they can pick only the 5 star reviews. I think I was given an unrealistic expectation based on all the glowing reviews.I just had the procedure 3 days ago and am a bit worried that I'm much worse off than before the procedure I'm hoping for some big changes this week. The procedure was way more painful than what I was led to believe. Don't buy the "mildly uncomfortable" it was extremely painful, I thought I was going to pass out. What has me most concerned is that most people claim they can pee like a race horse right after and for me 3 days later, it is more difficult than ever to pee. I'll give it a week but right now, I'm concerned

4 likes, 215 replies

215 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

the 5 year clinical trial paper is listed at the urolift manufacturer website.

• Posted

Good afternoon. Give yourself some time. Did you have it done in a office. I had mine done in a surgery center under a general. There was no way they were going to try to do that to me while I am up. Did your doctor put a catheter in. I had one for 3 days.

I had mine done 3 1/2 years ago still wide open. Before I had mine done I did some research of the men that had it done before me. Right after they had it done they could pee. But when they went home by night time they could not pee and ended up in a hospital to have a catheter put in.

The day I had mine. I ask him about a catheter. It is up to the doctor if he will use a catheter or not. My doctor knows I have a problem peeing on demand. So he said yes. I had a catheter for 3 days. After any procedure your prostate is going to be inflamed and swallow. Your not going to be able to pee right

For your own good. Did they show you how to cath yourself. Maybe not. But If I were you and you are having a problem. Go to the hospital and have a catheter put in for a few day. It will help you be more relaxed and you won't have to worry about peeing and the blood clogs.

Like I said give yourself some time. Drink a lot of water take a hot bath or a shower it will help you relax but you will get better in a week or 2 Take care Ken If you have any question PM me I will try to help

• Posted

Any procedure that physically effects the prostate is going to result in irritation, swelling and post op pain, and this includes Urolift, TURP, REZUM, HOLEP, FLA, Aquablation etc. The only procedure that doesn't touch the prostate is PAE, so post op it is a lot easier. I had a PAE - easy, post op some irritation for about a week - just increased my Flowmax for a while. Unfortunately, my PAE result was less than I had hoped for.

Since it's only been 3 days since your procedure you shouldn't be concerned. Now, if it was three months that would be an issue.

• Posted

I had the urolift procedure done a year ago. It was done in the doctor's office and it was the most painful procedure I've ever had. I had to self-cathe for a couple of months after the procedure and had significant blood and clots. I could not urinate a drop after the procedure. Very slowly my urinating returned. But it took months, six to nine months, and a lot of Aleve, before it began significantly getting better. I can urinate freely now and have almost no nightime bathroom visits. In the morning I urinate several times in the first hour or so until my body wakes up. I've talked with a lot of men who have had the procedure and it seems there are many recovery profiles. So give it some time my friend. Take my word on this. I would consider learning to self-cathe. It's very comforting knowing you never have to go to the emergency room to be cathed. It's very easy to do and if you use lidocaine gel it's almost painless. Again, give it some time and don't panic. Take an anti-inflammatory and stay away from caffeine.

• Posted

thanks for the info, obviously I hope mine goes a little faster than yours but at least I know that all is not lost if after two weeks I'm not peeing like a teen ager.

• Posted

Good Morning Ben

Like I said give yourself some time. You should see improvement in a few week. They say that it take 4 weeks for the clips to a heard to the prostate. I saw a improvement in a week. I had a catheter for 3 days.

I learn to have one after I did some research on the men that had it before me. It is 3 1/2 years for me. Still wide open. Just relax Ken

• Posted

ben, when you posted "only 5 stars", do you mean "5 stars out of 10" ? Hank

• Posted

ben, when you posted "only 5 stars", do you mean "5 stars out of 10" ? Hank

• Posted

No , if I saw 5 out of 10 I would have looked for another procedure ๐Ÿ˜ƒThe reason I posted here is because all of the reviews I have read were on sites that were trying to sell the procedure and they get to hand pick the ones they display. I'm not trying to bash Urolift, it might be the best option for minimizing long term side effects. One thing I liked about it, is if it does make it worse, I can have the implants removed, at least part of the implant. I just think people need to see a wider range of experiences to make a better choice.It's too early for me to say how it will all turn out but I can say it was horribly painful, the first 3 days have sucked and I hope that in the end I will be a little better off at least.

• Posted

Before plunging into urolift, i suggest u may want to go to the urolift website to read all the clinical trials reports. the authors are all scientists though some research was funded by urolift, but not all.

these are the most unbiased data u could find. after reading them, u will become an instant expert on urolift and know all there is to know.

hope it helps.

• Posted

dl, above is the comparison of results of a study among Urolift, TURP, and HolEp, respectively. As you can see, Urolift relief is minimal in Qmax, and non-existent in PVR (urinary retention). Hank

• Posted

Phew !!! ๐Ÿ˜จ I almost had a Urolift done last year, when my 2nd uro recommended it. My only problem was urinary bladder retention, that many of us have. The only thing that stopped me was my request to know before my prostate size and whether or not I have large median lobe. He declined that, saying "We'll find that out when I do Urolift."

Now looking at the study results posted above, which indicates that Urolift does practically nothing for retention, my Urolift would have ended in a failure. My uro was either ignorant or in great need to pay for his yatch. Hank

• Posted

Hank, can you pm me or email me the link ti this study?

thanks

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Hank. Like I said before. If you prostate is the problem It will make the tunnel and keep it apart. And they have said from the start that it may not help you if you are in retention. If you have a kidney or bladder problem it is not going to help just like any other procedure.

And that was wrong what your doctor did he should have been able to tell you if you had a median lobe. I don't think he was paying attention he just want you to have the surgery.

I'm sorry that is wrong. Well look later???????????? Ken

• Posted

thanks, indeed the numbers don't look good for urolift but that is not the selling point for urolift.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.