Urolift Walsh Urology

Posted , 13 users are following.

#Urolift #drwalsh has destroyed my life. After surgery had catheter now scar tissue now laser surgery now self catheters 4 LIFE. DON'T DO IT

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully someone seeing this will know how to save you from this, keep on commenting on this forum, I think someone will know something that will help you.
  • Posted

Thanks Justin for the warning. However, it would be more helpful to others if you post additional information about yourself, symptoms before and after, etc. Also, perhaps someone else on this forum can give you advice. Hank

• Posted

What type of surgery did you have? Where does your Dr practice out of?
    • Posted

Just Google Walsh Urology and up it comes at Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert California complete with videos of the procedure.
  • Posted

Hope he does not sue you as well.

I thought that Urollift can be undone. Is the scar tissue in your urethra?

• Posted

Where is the scar tissue located, and how long is it?   Can you see a different doctor?  Where are you located?

I gather that you had urolift, and had a catheter inserted after the procedure?  How long was the catheter in place?  That has a big bearing on stricture formation.

• Posted

If it is as bad as you say, have you consulted with a malpractice lawyer?
  • Posted

Dr. Chin in Sydney, Australia, the originator of this technique, had a problem that I read about once. His patient had 4 clips put in, then a week later this patient went into full retention. The patient went back for to see Dr. Chin again, and Dr Chin put 5 more clips into his prostate, and he is now urinating fine. What happened was his prostate after the first procedure, after a week or so, had ballooned at the bladder neck causing his full retention. Dr. Chin put in more clips and he is fine now. Find someone with more experience at the urolift and have them do a subsequent procedure. I hope this is possible for you, and someone can help you..!

[If your scar tissue is a stricture there are surgical options for this too.] 

• Posted

You may want to make a note that there's a urologist in Irvine who does nothing but male reconstructive work for things like strictures.  I saw him in July for a consult.  His name is Joel Gelman.

• Posted

I am so sorry about it...My GL plus TURP ended in cathing for life too. How ols are you? I am 76. 
  • Posted

Could you possibly expand on your statement? For example, did the scar tissue result from the catheter? For what specific reason was the laser surgery performed? And what was the specific reason given to you for having to have catheters for life? I'm interested because two days ago my uro suggested Urolift to me for my consideration.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.