UROLIFT with MEDIAN LOBES

Posted , 13 users are following.

Good morning all. I just waited to let everyone know that I just got a e-mail from NeoTract which does Urolift  They sent me information on the Urolift with Median Lobe.  Average age of the men was 50 with a prostate size of 80 CC At 1 month 65 % had a 80 % improvement. Quality of life score was much better.       Qmax improvement range from 95 % to 124 % ...................................................................................................................... Conclusions:   Median prostatic lobe obstruction can be treated with PUL implants safely and effectively and is a new FDA indication for this therapy.  Also Erectile function stayed the same and ejaculatory function was significantly improved throughout the follow up.  If I find out any thing else I will let you all know.   Ken       

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i hear that th eclips they put into the area can not be removed. what happens if the clips have issues later in life?
    • Posted

I had talked to a Urolift rep in CA asking the same question and I also asked my urologist who supposed to do Urolift on me.

My recollection of the answer: the implant consists of 2 metal tabs and a piece of suture, one metal tab is located outside of the prostate and one inside the prostatic urethra. That end of the suture located in the urethra can be cut then the metal tab inside the urethra can be retrieved by a tool  (my urologist told me that). Howeve, the metal tab outside of the prostrate and the remaining suture will stay where they are I.e. Inside the body. This is the reason, after Urolift and after removing the tab inside the urethra,  one can have  HoLEP! Green Light Laser or TURP, etc. as the suture that is left behind will not interfere th subsequent procedure.

Ken may have a different answer for u.

• Posted

I was told by my doctor and I have read that they can be removed If they have to.  Ken  I am going to look in my file and see if I can find it  
    • Posted

DL & Change.This is what my doctor told me and I did find it in my file from the Urolift site.  Something like you said DL  It said :  Your doctor can remove the Urethral Implant, the suture can be cut and the Urethral end piece can be removed.  The capsular tab will remain inside the body.  It is made of stainless steel and you will not feel it.   If you end up having to have another procedure they will just be cut out when that is done.  I never have felt mine no matter what I do.  When the grand kids jump on my lap or if I'm at the gym running.  Never know they inside..Ken    

• Posted

Thank you for this.. I may be going for a Urolift procedure in September.
    • Posted

Good morning.  It is no problem.  If you have any question  I am here for you.  Ken
    • Posted

Thanks.. I am seeing my urologist again in early September but last time I saw him, he did a cystoscopy and said I was a good candidate for the procedure.. it is a preferable option to a TURP, which I was offered previously and declined
    • Posted

Is a cystoscope or a trus what drs use as the main guide for choosing one of the procedures.
    • Posted

Well, mine did a cystoscopy.. but think he did it to also ch co my bladder and urethra again as my last one was done 2 years ago.. we had discussed a Urolift previous to this . He said he would confirm during the cystoscopy whether I was a suitable candidate for the procedure...
  • Posted

Ken, I'm looking at the statement "65% had a 80% improvement."  That doesn't seem impressive if I'm reading it right.  Thanks,  Cam

• Posted

That was the first phase it was only 21 men by the second month all the men improved.  They were just learning.  I am looking again for phase 2 & 3 which had more patients.  They figure that was not bad for the first try.  Each new procedure goes through that...Ken

• Posted

Cam remember that was only the first month and all men heal at different rates.  There is 1 - 3 - 6 and 12 months results.  It does get better  Ken
    • Posted

Camster I made a mistake.  The information is not for the Urolift it is for the first trail for the Aquablation that was done in 2015.  I was talking this morning to 2 men One on Urolift and one on Aquablation.   My papers got put together.  This is for the Urolift .  There was a 5 year study show that Urolift procedure is effectively led to a rapid reduction of symptoms while preserving sexual function.  Improvement in symptoms and quality of life with a low retreatment rate of 2 % per year.  Sorry guys.  Ken 
    • Posted

Here is the information that I was suppose to put in in the first place.  Presence of a Median Lobe has  limited treatment.  That is why they did this trail Urolift with Median Lobes.   This was a random study.  Men at to be at least 50 years of age.  Prostate volume no more then 80 cc at this time.  When compared to the patients without median lobes they respond well at every point.  They were checked at 1 - 3 - 6 - 12 months.  Quality of life scores were between 80 to 90 %.  89% would recommend the procedure.  Also there were no problem with erectile or ejaculatory functions.  CONCLUSIONS.  Median Lobes can be treated with implants safely.  Have a nice day all  Ken       

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.