Urolift yesterday

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was finally able to have my procedure yesterday a.m. Wow. Pretty intense pain and burning but early afternoon, I think I passed the blood clots and then everything was pretty much ok except for some fairly intense nausea which I think was from the pain medication which I only took that one time. Last night seemed a good flow but then during the night when I got up this morning when I get up I have tremendous urgency. If I’m lying on the couch for an hour or so I don’t really feel any need to go but as soon as I stand up the race to the bathroom is on. Also, less flow and incomplete voiding. I guess that this is normal. Is it due to more swelling on the second day? Anyway, I will report back on how it works out for me.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Happy for you.  Try to relax.  Yes you will get that for the first few days you should be fine in a week or soon.  Had mine done 3 years ago  Doing fine  Take care  Ken
  • Posted

Just take it easy with physical activity for a while.  I didn't pass a clot until the 2nd or 3rd-day following surgery.  A little scary because it wasn't expected.  But, none after that.  The flow should improve, but it might not be linear.  Some days will be better and some will not.  But, you should see it generally getting better.

• Posted

Thanks for the comments. Not freaking out yet. 
    • Posted

Res it should get better in a few week just try to relax.  When I had mind done 3 years  ago  I had a catheter for a few days.  When I decided to have mind a few of the men has trouble peeing when they went home  They had to go get a catheter in.  The first day the bag was red but by night time it was pink.  The only trouble I had was the spasms.  When that hit  I had blood clogs coming out of the tip.  After they took the catheter out  I peed a lot burn the first day but by the week end I was good.  We all heal at different rate.  You will be ok  Ken 
  • Posted

Thanks for posting and please let me know how it goes. Best of luck!

Tom

• Posted

I had the urolift done one week ago..7 days ago.  Flow is still poor.  They say that is normal for some men but that it should get better in the days to come.   I wonder why they say tor us to rest and do no work for two weeks.  I read where some men go back to work in three days. I am following their instructions to rest and not do anything other than walking,  but I feel like I could go back to work.  My work is the farm so no lifting bales of hay or driving the tractor. Doc said absolutely none of that for two weeks until I visit him on followup. 

• Posted

as12829. I guess I had mine one day before you and I still have low flow but I understand that that is still within the range of normal. So, I guess we both just need to hang in there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.