URRGENT ENDOSCOPY IN A MESS stomach issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

Anyone else had any stomach problems I've had glandular fever 11 weeks now a few weeks in stared worh pelvic,. stomach pain and rib pain , blood in poo,  colonoscopy clear. Had ct scan on pelvis and stomach now saying there's something in there, dr called tonight didn't make much sence, he said maybe a piece of food debris!! But need urgent endoscopy! I'm ready pass out! My eyelashes are twitching I'm red hot and sweating in such a panic! 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rosanna

I have been hit with stomach issues with mono. I have pain in my ribs too but no blood in my poop. I can never say if this is part of mono or not. I got the stomach problems the day I fell ill with mono. But they have been with me the entire time. There was two months where I had no stomach pain or rib pain at all. I woke up one morning and all my issues were gone. But all symptoms came back and are still with me. I am sorry if I could not have been more of a help to you.  What type of pain do you have? 

• Posted

Oh Rosanna,

I just want you to know that you're not on your own at this time and people are thinking about you and praying for you. I still believe you will get through this, try to stay calm and not panic because everything truly is going to work out okay....take deep breaths and trust in God to help.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you! I'm so anxious because they've said they've found something on the CT scan at the top of my stomach!! What the hell could it be!!!??? Xxxx

• Posted

I've been having a pelvic pain also lately with some red blood in stool.  Was your blood red? 

Re endoscopy: I've had it 4 times in my life. My advice to you is Ask for sedation. Profopol. 

There's no need to go through 5 mins of torture. But you DO need it. I don't know why they radiated you with CT. Waste or money. Endoscopy is the most informative golden standard for stomach issues.

• Posted

With my pelvic pain I was gonna do vaginal ultrasound. I'm scared of ultreasound.

Did you do colonoscopy?  

• Posted

I think so so anxious because they've said they've found something on the CT scan at the top of my stomach!! What the hell could it be 😭😭😭 xxx 

• Posted

I've had nausea, rib pain over my liver, lack of appetite, heartburn (most likely caused by NSAIDs.) Sometimes I swear my skin has a yellowish tone but the white of my eyes is normal and my parents say it's my imagination. I've had blood in poo for years before glandular fever and it's always been piles. One of my eyes used to twitch (it was related to a vitamin deficiency.) 

I think you should relax... This virus causes a lot of different symptoms, but you're not going to die from it. I know it can cause a lot of anxiet, but you're going to recover. Try to think about something else, drink a cup of tea, listen to music, get some rest. Worrying about having a serious illness is not going to help you at all. 

• Posted

I think so so anxious because they've said they've found something on the CT scan at the top of my stomach!! What the hell could it be 😭😭😭 xxx 

• Posted

Hi Rosanna,

​I am so sorry you have to go through the stress of waiting for the test results. Let us know how the endoscopy goes, hopefully they get you in quickly and you can ease your mind of worry.

• Posted

Sorry your dealing with this. I had glandular fever (mono) last November and about 6weeks later my stomach went crazy. All the same symptoms as above. Mono can attack organs and cells as far as I know and can try to make a permanent home in our organs (particularly the liver). What you need to focus on is building up your immune system as strong as it can be so your body can try to kill this virus. It's a long slow process but it can be done!

Hugs and I hope you feel better soon. Please update with your test results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.