Urticaria - doc confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in the throes of my 2nd ever attack of Urticaria/hives (or Itchy-Scratchy as I have nicknamed it) .  I've had it for 3 months now but last time I had it for more than a year.  I;ve no idea what triggers it, neither does the doc.  I take 10 antihistamine tablets a day (Fenofexadine, Ranitidine, Phenergan and Chlorphenamine) spaced out throughout 24hrs - they don't seem to work. My local pharmacist just shakes his head saying he doesn't know how I function daily coz the dose is enough to knock out an elephant!

When the itching becomes too bad to bear the doc give me Prednisolone x6 for 5 days and the urticaria disappears within several hours.  But 2 days after I finish the steriods the hives return, with a vengeance - all over my body, eg 24 hours on the legs, they go and I have them 24hrs on my torso etc etc...

I use Aquaeous cream with 2% menthol to quell the itchiness.

I have read comments on this forum and will take notes to the dermatologist next week (I've been waiting for an appointment for 2months). I hadn't heard of the Zolair injections or Dapsome/Doxepin/Hydroxyzine.

If anyone can recommend anything or has hints/tips to help me through this, I'd be grateful.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

I went to homeopathy last month its a year long course. He told me my imune system is very low and its attacking me. He gave me Apis Meliffica for one month and asked me to see after a month then he will move further. 

Its been almost a month taking Apis Meliffica and i can see the difference my urticaria is alot better i am still taking zertac everynight but comparativly its getting better. 

I have next appointment with my dr on 10th march. All update you guys whatever he says 

• Posted

We all look forward to hearing how your appointment goes and how you are doing on your medication.

Best Regards

Wendy

• Posted

Hello Sophia

How was your apt with Homeopathic doctor on March 10.  We all look forward to hearing how you are doing after taking Apis Meliffica and what is next.....or did your uticaria go away!

please keep us posted.  Homeopathy is the way to go!

Thank you Sophia

Best Regards

Wendy

• Posted

Hey my doc stoped apis and now gave me Natrium Sulfuricum 6X for one month 2 tab am 2 tab pm.

I still have urticaria and i take zyrtec almost every day but intensity has decreased alot

Now i have my next appointment after a month

• Posted

Hi, I have this Urticaria sometime and yes it goes all of my body but then it just goes without an reason for being there in the first place. All in my hair, scalp should I say, I have iced averything, to try and cool it down and just use calamine lots which is cheap and just as good as other things, but lately it has, just stopped. So fingers crossed. The only thing I cannot understand is I weep from  my ears every single night and day. The Dr nd a nurse hub. Rher said that there is nothing in my ear, like wax or anything, so why do my ears become so runny with water colour fluid? Flaky cuts too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.