Urticaria (hives) and hair loss?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi community,

I would like to know is there any link between hives and hair loss. The hives would appear all over my body but not my head/scalp.

I was previous taking a medication which had the side effects of Urticaria and hair loss and at the same time I was having some laser tattoo removal done. At that point I was breaking out in hives and my hair thinned out so I have stopped the medication.

I have recently started my laser tattoo removal and I have broke out in hives again.

I would like to know is there any link between Urticaria and hair loss/hair thinning? I am really worried that my hair will thin more.

Please help me community.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Uticaria is an autoimmune disease..not sure if it affects hair loss...has anyone else experienced this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.