Use of bee pollen to help relieve urethal stricture

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have urethal stricture and presently self cathing. My Uro feels this will help in controlling my stricture. I have under gone dilation. I just read that bee pollen has been used to help.  Anyone have used it as a means of helping.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I highly doubt it will help.

Bee pollen helps with inflammation but won't cure or resolve a stricture.

• Posted

Thanks, I was thinking that maybe it will relieve the tension in the prostate causing it to shrink, than the uretha opens up a little, just enough to allow urine to flow past. 
  • Posted

No experience, but that's very interesting. On a slightly related matter I have been using manuka honey in a gel to treat a wound which would not heal (having seen it used successfully - don't laugh - by supervet Noel Fitzpatrick on a cat).

I have to report that it has worked really well. You can buy the gel at Holland & Barrett in the UK, online if not in their stores.

I knew that honey was used for centuries for this purpose, but I didn't know it still was. Perhaps it would work on a stricture by reducing scar tissue.

How is the bee pollen applied? Orally? Into the urethra? As a tablet? In a gel?

• Posted

Thanks, I was thinking along that line too.  Just thought that someone have had experience with it.  Its taken orally I'm sure but I have not looked into it yet. What I read said it will relax the muscles and tone down the surface of the uretha. Hope someone can add some first hand information. 

• Posted

I have both URETHRAL strictures and BPH ( enlarged prostate).I am taking one capsule of 500mg BEE POLLEN a day for the last 5 years and I do not have any urination problems and I have not gone for URETHRAL dilation for the after starting bee pollen

SASTRY valiveti

BANGALORE

INDIA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.