Used condom got Epididymitis!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm waiting on my other test results especially chylamdia! How could this be if I used a condom? This is crazy! It was a one night stand now I'm scared I gave it to my girl.. I went to ER last night and they told me it was Epididymitis.. they also said if test come bsck positive for chylamdia they will call if negative they won't call.. god I hope it's just some other bacteria or something else that caused this besides chlamydia or gon 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You can get epididymitis without it being sexually transmitted.  I've had it myself, and I'm honestly not sure, but I think I may have got it from a jacuzzi.  I thought it might have been from my girlfriend, but I'd been away for a few days, and we never had sex without a condom anyway (she told me months later that she thought I must have been sleeping around and picked it up from someone else).  One of my testicles swelled up to about twice normal size (twice as long, twice as wide, twice as deep, so huge) and it was acutely embarrassing since I couldn't even walk normally, but it went away pretty quick with antibiotics.  If you were using a condom properly, it's unlikely you'll have picked up chlamydia or any other STI.

More information about epididymitis:

https://patient.info/health/epididymo-orchitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/epididymo-orchitis-pro  (written for doctors)

• Posted

I hope that's the case.. mine started like a week after my one night stand though.. I haven't had any discharge though so maybe it's no chlamydia 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.