Used wet ones for blepharitis like stated on site here HELP ME!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I used them for only 4 or 5 days and stopped because I started having deep pain in the  muscles behind the right eye.  I have been off two or three days and it is getting worse and worse.  I never had this pain before those wipes.   I am wondering if those wipes were very bad advice.  Someone please help me.   The doctors here know nothing as they said that is not to be used in the eyes so they have no idea what damage has been done if any.  I am on vacation and can't get into see a doctor for another two weeks.  Can I go blind from these wipes?   Why did they make my eye muscles hurt so bad and why is it not lettting up and getting worse since stopping using them.  I am scared.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear Marisss,

What kind of wet ones wipes did you use? I used the US with Benzethonium Chloride in them and others have used the UK with Benzalkonium Chloride in them.

Some have said the UK ones were irritating. Some have used variations of the ones I mentioned from the US.

You could be allergic to lanolin or other ingredients too.

The wipes are not to go in the eyes. It was to be used on the lash line.

Are you a person with sensitive skin? Are you allergic to Shampoos or detergents or fabric softeners?

You could be allergic. This works for people who do not have sensitive skin.

Sorry this has happened and have you checked with a chemist if you cannot get into the eye doctor? They may have eye drops.

Hope you are better soon,

Lynda79

• Posted

I live in the states and used the fresh scent hand wipe ones that are in the red and white packets.  I got some of it into my eyes each time I probably got quite a bit in them a few times.    My actual muscles behind my right eye are hurting so bad and I have been off a few days and it is getting worse, what could it have done and why is it not getting better since I stopped using them?  I am so afraid.  I am hundreds of miles from home on vacation and will be here a few more days.   Will I possibly go blind from this?   Thanks in advance.
    • Posted

HI Lynda. Thank you. I live in Australia and the Wet Ones we have do not have the required anti-bacterial ingredient. I imported two boxes from Amazon (USA). Interestingly, I was not allowed to import the singles, but I was able to import the travel pack which contains 15 wipes.

​I have been using them for ten days and improvement is occurring. Thank you so much,

Val

• Posted

Hi Marisss, 

I used the Wet Ones as well and had nothing but problems. My eyes swelled up, went gooey/puss like, my skin went red, dry, peeled, and inside of my eye went blood shot/thick red lines through it. (even though the wet one's only touched my lashes). 

It has taken 4 days and one steriod drop to get some of these symptoms to ease, but they are still present and looks like it will take more time. 

• Posted

Did your actual deep muscles behind your eyes hurt like this.   I swear even my lymph node is becoming swollen.   This is so scary.  Thank you for your help.
    • Posted

No they didnt, I think you may be allergic to them. Drink lots of water and flush your system.
  • Posted

Maybe eye strain or dry eye? I too started using the wipes, but wasnt able to only clean the lashline and got it in my eyes too. They got red and immediately stopped using them and now I only use the Ocusoft Lid Wipes, massage and sometimes do the warm compress. My doctor prescribed me some drops that had the Benzalkonium Chloride, but stopped using them because my lids became realy inflammed and irritated. My guess was that I was allergic to the wipes.
  • Posted

My actual eye muscles are hurting and even now my teeth on that side.  I called my eye doctors emergency number and got no response.   I called him yesterday asking him for a medrol dose pack to help and he said he wouldn't call it in so he called in some crappy drops  called dexamethasone sodium phosphate.  Just made it feel even worse.  All these doctors do is throw another drop at stuff when the one thing that would help they are too afraid to do.   I don't get them at all I am seriously afraid I will be blind soon from these wipes. Can anyone tell me if that is possible?
    • Posted

If your having severe pain that is now in your teeth my guess is go to the emergency and it get checked. I'm pretty sure were you are ther have E.R or some type of medical service. I know these doctors sadly dont really care blepharitis and just tell you do this and that. I'm going to Mexico to see an ophtalmologist and hopefully he prescribes me some good medicine to finally get relief. 
  • Posted

I tried to go to an er today and a stat care and both said I had to pay out of pocket and I don't have a  minimum 189.00 to hand them that is why I tried the wet wipes solution to begin with.  I had a flare up and couldn't afford to pay them so I found this site and started using the wipes and here I am days later with worse concerns.  Is there anyone here who can promise me I am not going to go blind or die?   Wouldn't it have happened by now?  I have been not using them now for 2 1/2 to 3 days???   Beyond freaking out.  Thank you for your kindness.
    • Posted

Hi it highly, highly unlikely this would send you blind. Rinse your eyes every few hours with warm water and drink lots of fluids. Rest and sleep.
  • Posted

mariss, I use them and have no problems at all.  You may be allergic.  I would wash eyes with baby shampoo, Johnsons,(very mild) and rinse a lot with warm water. Try a warm wet washcloth and lay it on your eyes. It has been repeated many times that some can be alergic to these wipse.  Find a GOOD eye doctor, mine is the worst.  smile  dena
    • Posted

I don't know I think all eye doctors are full of it.  I lost count how many different drops these dolts have had me on.   If I found one that worked how would I know which one it was, lol.   They would start me on one and then change it or add one and drop another blah blah blah.     I can't stand them anymore.
    • Posted

Marisss, I don't think you will go blind.  What do you do if you are allergic to other things?  Do you take Benaydrell?  Spelled wrong.  Not that I'm telling you to do so, but that's what people  usually do  when they are allergic to something. As soon as my grandchildren show strong signs of a reaction to something, I give them Benaydrel.  Anyway I wouldn't put anything else in your eye, but maybe a warm wash cloth, or cool, which feels bettter. Lay down and let it lay on your eyes for a while.  Deep us posted. Stay calm.  We can be allergic to precriiption drugs or anything. I myself am glad these wipe are helping me. Sorry it hasn't been the same for you.
  • Posted

Hi , it's more likely that you've strained the eye muscles . I've done the same in the past when trying to make sure that i'm not going to touch the actual eyeball when cleaning the lid edges or when simply " over trying to look " at something or "testing out/ over extending " my perriferral vision . Also I've burst blood vessels in one  eye as a result of the same . It is painfull and feels as though you've done something damaging . Rest them and treat them to some cool eye facial "masks" .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.