Used whole 1000mg vitamin C tablet in vagina and worried

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. Today i used a 1000mg vitamin c tablet (the kind without rose hips) in my vagina for bv. I am not sure if I got it far enough but about an hour later I was burning! I felt discharge coming out as well and when I got home I saw there was brown spotting. My period was just over a week ago so my guess is I was trying to cool myself off I shed some old blood. Could I have internally burned myself using this 1000mg tablet? I thought it was only a 500mg. Im kind of a hypochindriac so if someone could ease my mind or advise that would be awesome. I am not sure why I experienced so much burning which makes me scared

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've tried this treatment before.  It works in the short term, but the BV will return once you stop.  The trouble is that if you keep using it, it will give rise to a yeast infection.  As for the burning, I've heard that the kind with rose hips does burn, so are you sure you're using the kind without?  I've never experienced the burning sensation with Vitamin C so I can't really ease your mind, although I think I was using 500 mg, not 1000.  Good luck.  I know this battle sucks.  I thought I had a handle on it, but I'm back in it myself.  Symptom free for a couple of weeks, fingers crossed I'll stay that way.  Again, good luck to you.  

PS-- I know you read about dozens of homeopathic treatments in this forum and I think I've tried them all and got some relief from some of them, but when it came down to it, the only extended relief I've had came after visiting my doctor.  

• Posted

Thank you for the response! I used the one without rosehips. The things that worried me was immediately after I used it I got a brown discharge but since i just had my period I am thinking my way of trying to cool myself off from the burning coaxed the rest of the old blood out. This morning I did see a slight pink after a bowel movement again not sure what that was and I know tmi. The blood just worried me. Could I have burned myself internally?
  • Posted

I've read about other women experiencing burning with the Vit. C, but supposedly only the one with rosehips. Maybe the acidity was just too much for your sensitive parts in such high amounts.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.