Using aloe vera for lichen planus on penis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there. I am suffering from LP on my penis. Actually my LP is only on my penis that appeared 2 years ago. Used triderm 10 days and it passed. 1 year later it came again and now it is not going. I have used several cortizones but they helped a little bit and thinned my skin too. And i don't want to use cortizone again. Protopic scares me for creating herpes and folliculitis . I want to mention that my lp is not severe or big. Little point like lesions on penis glans and shaft. Most of them are visible under phone light. Currently i want to use aloe vera gel and juice. I saw on internet that it can really cure it. I am not sure it will help or not. What do you think of it guys? Is it worth to try? Can it be any side effects?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

i have had Lichen Planus for over  a year and have tried all sorts of skin creams & medications prescribed by Dermatologists. I did try to come off all the prescribed meds use natural remedies like Aloe Vera. It did work to a certain extent, stopped itching for a few hours and skin felt soothed, but was not long lasting, and did not cure rash.

I am currently on an anti infective antibiotic, which has stopped rash, but am due to finish course next week, so don't know if it will work in long term, or if rash will come back. Lichen Planus is a battle & what suits one person will not suit another.

My advice would be try aloe Vera, it can't do any harm & it may work for you.

• Posted

Mine is not severe but it is on the private part which makes me so stressed. I am planning also using turmeric capsules. I will try aloe vera hope it will work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.