Using armchair pedal exerciser 5/52 pistol TKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Thought I would give a little pedal exerciser a go while watching TV in attempt to improve flexion!! Had checked with physio and got OK provided set to no resistance! Thought it was helping while I was using it but knee very painful next day. Think I have set myself back as had to increase pain killers again. Also didnt do other knee much good -its now giving me gyp!! Consultant review next week so will ask his opinion.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

5min at a time is long enough. Yes, will swell after from the use. 20min ice after ur exercise set. I love mine. I used it for 6 straight months every day--even when i could do an hour!! It actually started to make my knee feel good! Like it lubed it up....

We always do too much when we feel good. Instead of stopping. Reduce ur time and build week after week.

wink
  • Posted

It's still pretty early days for you Maryedna.  It's a case of working through the pain but not so much that you're way too sore.  For a while when you return to activities that hurt this happens, but it will settle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.