Using co codamol for back pain and then socialanxiety now addicted

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had severe social anxiety as long as I can remember so found it really hard to go out anywhere a few years ago I pulled my back and the doctor prescribed me co codomal 30/500 found out the codein effect I had off them stopped me from being anxious and I could finally function normally without a care in the world but obviously the tolerance would kick in and I’d have to take more for the same effect in the end I was taking 10 a day to sets of 5 and I would CWE another 6 because I was worried about my liver I stopped taking the over 24+ hours ago and I’ve had some withdrawals already bad head,light headed,diarrhoea and bad stomach pains but it’s better than what I was feeling taking them towards the end was tired all the time and having really bad pains in my stomach and in my lower back where my kidneys are hopefully I’ll get off them going strong so far will keep you posted if side effects get worse.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Good luck! I’m only at 12 hours myself. I was taking 8-15 a day. I have a bad back and joints. I can feel the pain again but no withdrawal symptoms yet. I used them to feel better when I was anxious as well but as you say you build up a tolerance. I’ve gone cold turkey before and had the same symptoms as you, but I managed it. I was starting to feel awful on them too. Horrible stomach cramps and so tired and lethargic. I wish you all the best. We can do this! X
    • Posted

Good luck to Louise it’s hard but it’s better than being on them you can do it 😊 2 days in now had few bad stomach cramps this morning, runny nose ,bit light headed,body is aching and felling a bit tired but not that bad can deal with it 

• Posted

Yeh I’m feeling light headed myself and a bit out of it, but it’s nearly 24 hours and I’m not going back now! 
    • Posted

Thank you ☺️ I feel like crap physically but I managed a whole day at work and mentally I’m feeling better about myself. Over 24 hours now. Hope you’re hanging in there. 
    • Posted

I’m going ok thanks withdrawals haven’t been to bad last few hours bit better than this morning  in a bit of a snappy mood tho lol 
    • Posted

Yeh I’m a bit irritable too and noises seem really loud. Going to have an early night and hopefully tomorrow will be better. 
    • Posted

😊yeah you can do it your already getting through the hardest part hopefully by next week we will both be feeling great 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.