Using Oils - Need Suggestions

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone,

I’m interested in what more I can do for my LS at home. I’ve read the “experiment with borax” thread and I will be purchasing borax to try the solution. I’ve also seen many posts suggesting baking soda baths.

I’m specifically interested in oils for moisturizing. Right now the only thing I use is Vaseline on my bad days, but I feel like I can do better. I’ve seen people mention coconut oil and emu oil. Any other suggestions out there or any great experience with one in particular? Do I just straight up use oils or mix them with something? And how often do I use them?

Thank you!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kris, in addition to the Clob ointment. I have been using coconut oil and only just started using emu oil as barrier treatment. Me, personally, I don't have a preference between either one. My LS, does not appear to be as bad as some, in this forum. I don't have the "thinning" of the skin, nor white patches. I'm an African American woman who lost the pigmentation in her genital area and just recently realized that my clitoris appears to be dissapearing😔. This condition sucks!

• Posted

I use coconut oil during the day, but I use Tea Tree Cream by House of Mistry (Amazon) at night as I find its nice and cooling (Oil makes me itch at night is I get too hot down there!)
  • Posted

Coconut oil, emu oil, olive oil, if fact most oils work well.  It is definitely a good idea to switch them from time to time as LS seems to prefer that.
  • Posted

I use a mixture of coconut oil, which sometimes is ok and sometimes I feel sensitive to, jojoba oil and, my favourite, avocado oil. With the last two I put Chamomile matricaria (blue chamomile) essential oil in and apply it after every toilet visit. Really soothing.

Everyone on here has their favourite, keep trying and you will find yours.

• Posted

Four years ago I was experiencing the symptom of LS having an inner lip almost completely disappear. I have been on bio-identical hormone therapy for over 10 years but had never applied my Bi-est vaginally. After telling my hormone Doctor my symptoms he instructed me to apply my cream to the vaginal area and all symptoms of LS have completely stopped. If you have access to a doctor that works with bio-identical hormone therapy you will be very happy with the quick results. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.