Using panty liners? What sort?

Posted , 4 users are following.

May I first apologise for asking so many questions, but I hope you'll allow me one more!

I've been using Tena Lady for years.  I've continued using the liners up to now, but wonder if it they will make things worse.  Are they OK, or should I be looking for something else?

I've seen Natracare panty liners online, but wondered if they would provide as much protection as Tena Lady.   I hope it's OK to mention trade names.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I use liners but when I'm in a flare I can't even cotton underwear is painfull,however I have to stick to the same brand I use always if I change I know about it! It's the same if I visit friends and they have coloured toilet paper I cannot use it I always carry plain white with me after being caught out a few times!......life would be so simple without this!....x

• Posted

Why do you use the panty liners. Even though I have some leakage, I don't use anypads of liners. Afraid they will irritate and make the LS worse

• Posted

My gyno said worst thing you could use. Put the fear of God in me and I think it was just a habit. I used to use them because of the creams, etc and thinking I was doing the right thing. 

Managed to break the habit!

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies.  Yes, I do have some leakage, Deborah82032.   I'm 70 and have two very mild prolapses, so have used panty liners for many years.  

Why did your gynaecologist say they were the worst thing you could use, Deb09833? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.