Using Sudocream

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all

after a recent appt with my gynecologist she advised against using sudocream(nappy/antiseptic) for those little chuffed areas at times. What are your thoughts? Does anyone use this or something similar? Obviously inbetween i do use my steroid and mosturisers oils as well.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I use hydromol l ointment this also turns into a wash when put with water. Its the best thing I found xx

• Posted

yes i have hydromol for washing. She did say i could use it to moisturise as well as but not tried it yet.

• Posted

As it's an antiseptic maybe it has ingredients that are too harsh. I have tried to find Hydromol in the US but pharmacist said she never heard of it and can't be ordered. I don't find using coconut oil as a cleanser that effective.

• Posted

epiderm is similar. You can get Hydromol on amazon not sure what the shipping would be

• Posted

Thats what she said it could be a bit harsh. Yes i am in the UK but im sure you could find on AMAZON

• Posted

I like to avoid amazon if I can. When I googled Hydromol amazon, as usual, came up. (Don't believe in supporting huge corporate monopolies that are worth more than some countries. People pay the price in the end...one way or another.) That's why I was looking for alternatives. Thanks.

• Posted

Only in the UK. Hydromol doesn't exist in the US. Have already gone to the pharmacy to ask. My gyn hasn't suggested anything other than coconut oil and vaseline though she isn't against using anything that works.

• Posted

My gynecologist told me to use sudocrem. I started a few months ago and I find it really helps.

• Posted

Its funny how gynes have different opions isnt it! It works for me too so will carry on using.

• Posted

sudocreme is just so hard to remove. i have umpteen lotions and potions to change around as my skin changes what it tolerates every few days ! For me though CETREBEN is my favourite . it works beautifully for me and i can use this for periods. it is so easy to put on, it glides on easily where i find that other cremes or ointments don't.

i completely recommend the cream CETREBEN .

good luck x

• Posted

Notice how every post in this thread has a brand name? I just included one and that post is being moderated. Happens to me a LOT. Not to others. Just sayin'.

• Posted

Some are called antiseptic but cetraben isn't, that might be the difference. My gyn gave me a handout that said no soap, but did not mention any alternatives. Before I was diagnosed I was using cetaphil which is non-alkaline & fragrance free for sensitive skin. Nine months soap free, but I would love to find something to use at least occasionally.

• Posted

Pamela, if you meant Cetraben it is unfortunately not available in the US unless it's shipped from elsewhere. Quite a few of these lotions & creams are not available including hydromol. My doctor didn't suggest using anything...just water for cleansing. I really wish there was something other than coconut oil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.