Using turmeric essential oil

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I had seen a few folks recommend turmeric essential oil and so I bought some organic medical grade oil or whatever. I mixed 2 drops with some coconut oil and put it on my vulva and now I’m experiencing some discomfort. It’s not painful but it almost feels hot and tingly down there. Is this normal? Should I discontinue use? I tried a couple drops on my hand last night to see if I’d have an allergic reaction before puttin it down there so I thought I was safe but I’m not sure if this feeling is normal or not. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had exactly the same reaction.  I stopped using it immediately.  I had not had a flare up for at least 6 months prior to using this, and then after one application, I had a massive flare up that lasted for 3 weeks.   

• Posted

I’m sorry that happened to you. I’m nervous for a flare up now but thank you for the heads up 
  • Edited

Hi Alyshia,

I would stop if there is discomfort.  I have tried natural oils but am sensitive to them.  Your female part is more sensitive than your hand.  I have to stick with clobetasol and estrace only.  Aloe vera gel was okay for me since it's a pretty mellow oil.  Good luck!  We all react differently.

Lisa

• Posted

Thank you for the info Lisa! I’ve found coconut oil works fine for me so I’ll stick to that and leave the rest. Did you have a flare up from using it? Good luck to you. 
    • Posted

Yes, I was even sensitive to coconut oil.  Good luck to you too!  Lisa
    • Posted

Lisa are you using the aloe Vera on its own or as an addition to steroid cream? My Gyno told me I have to use the steroid cream for the rest of my life. I’m unsure when people are talking about different remedies if it replaces the steroid creams.  Teineka 
    • Posted

Hi Teineka,

I just bought the Aloe gel today.  I had used it once before and noticed it didn't sting or anything so I am just using now as a moisturizer.  I am staying also with clobetasol and estrace because, like you, I have been told to say with steroid cream the rest of my life.  I do not want to take any chances and go off of it.

Lisa

• Edited

Teineka, I can't use steroid cream due to burning and bad rashes, also any moisturisers withe white paraffin in it. I bought Aloe Vera Gel a few months back and apply morning and bedtime and there has been a remarkable change. White patches almost gone and no itching or pain.Good luck

• Edited

I had that slight tingle for a short period of time, but have not had a flare up as a result.  I use the aloe vera with it.  And I alternate aloe with the turmeric and without.  It’s been working pretty well for me.
  • Posted

Hi. I had the same as you, as soon as I applied the mix the whole area felt like it was on fire. I quickly washed it off and haven't gone near it again. It didn't set off a flare up. I stick to using my mix of borax mixed with yes moisturiser twice a day which works well for me.

• Posted

I just use Organic Aloe Vera Gel on its own morning and night and theres a huge improvement
  • Posted

Hi Alyshia , I also tried and huge flare up .

Stop and go back to basics, i tried nearly everything ladies where recommending 😬

But we all are different and can only  tolerate certain things .

Coconut also irritates me 😩

Hope you feel better soon 😘 

• Posted

You too Susan! Thank you. I put some clob on it tonight to hopefully avoid a flare up! Fingers crossed 
  • Posted

I've mixed Tumeric powder with coconut oil into a soft paste and applied. That has stopped itching.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.