Usually suffer with diverticulitis.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Not sure that it is diverticulitis this time.since Thursday have suffered orange diahorra and vomitted which felt like something was stuck in the middle of my ribs which hurt when I stood up it felt like a cork had popped and I projected vomit everywhere.have started antibiotics nothing seems to be getting any better.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Janet, go see a doctor immediately. You never want to hear a doctor tell you that "If we would had caught this earlier we could have done something". Take care of yourself and please let us know!

• Posted

Could be sign that your disease is infected at present but when your pouches from the diverticulitis get infected they swell .. mine perforated my bowel at age 38 .. i kept getting fobbed off with a severe case of ibs as i couldnt keep food in for long nor could i fit much food inside me my diet was terrible due to that disease .. please do ask for further investigation on the diverticulitis as things can turn very quickly... all the best
    • Posted

I must add that i was lucky... i wasn't crippled with pain when my bowel perdorated i thought i had a stitch or pulled muscle in my ribs it annoyed me for 2 days .. i went docs 2nd day and she found i had rebound pain .. wheb she pushed on my tummy and quickly lifted up it really hurt .. she suspected apendicitis so i went to a&e where they performed a laparoscopy .. i had previous camera investigations which were all clear.... the camera immediately alerted them to my bowel leaking.. i had emergency open surgery and most of my bowel removed... did it really need to get to that ? I went doctors all the time .. this is why i tell anyone keep going keep demanding keep saying it is your duty of care to refer me for tests.. if they come back clear ask for the different tests available .... my 4 children nearly lost their mum ... all because of neglect and laziness .... you know your body and you know yourself... x

• Posted

Eating and drinking was painful on those 2 days .. as soon as i went ti swallow i got terrible pin in my rib area and i could feel like a bubbling in my whole abdomen when i sipped on drink .. hence the decision to go docs ... had i not gone that day ... well rolleyes ...so please dont chance it .. if docs are full just go to a&e and tell them eating or drinking hurts .. make them investigate !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.