Uterine ablation issues. Please help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had an ablation procedure approximately 5 weeks ago and thought I’d had the usual bleeding followed by watery discharge for a couple of weeks after. I expected this from what I’d read and been told by the surgeon. This was immediately followed by what I think was a period but it lasted much longer than normal - nearly 2 weeks. I then had a couple of days of light brown discharge and then went back to fresh red bleeding, enough to have to constantly use sanitary protection but not heavy. Nearly a week after this when I would normally have finished my period I still have dark red loss. 

I can’t find any information that says this can occur after an ablation, merely that if periods continue they are much lighter and shorter. I seem to have persistent bleeding/ dark discharge and have no idea where I am in my cycle. I hope theres someone that can give me help/information explaining this as I’m very much regretting having the procedure. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

​They do say it can take several months for things to settle down so things could change.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.