Uterine biopsy im confused

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi I have always suffered from heavy painful periods. I went to the doctors who referred me for a ultrasound and exam. This came back with one small fibroid and a slightly thicker lining of the uterus. The doctor said this was likely due to the fact that iwas due on my period.

I had a little spotting recently but I think that was due to quitting drinking as it happened last time I did it and this month it has calmed right down and my period was less heavy though still painful. They booked me in for a biopsy saying it's probably nothing. I was in absolute agony when they tried it. They told me it wouldn't hurt. they couldn't preform the procedure in the end. I explained my stress levels have gone right down and I am becoming healthier and that has pretty much cleared everything up.

They now want to put me to sleep to do the biopsy. And they are pushing and pushing me telling me to get a coil. I broke my no drinking and smoking streak and was in so much pain and confusion when I left I almost got hit by a car in the road. I feel like I never want to go back. I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.