Uterine Cancer/thickened endometrium

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm about 15 days past when I should have had my period. I went to the ER becauE I've had high risk prefnancys and kept getting negative tests. They confirmed it is negative but during an ultrasound they said I had a thickened endometrium. The doctor that came to talk to me seemed rather concerned and said I need to see an ob first thing Monday morning and that I cannot wait on this. Not I'm worried tho and want to know what's going on. The past few months I've been spotting between periods, since my last child my periods have been so heavy, I'm slowly losing my appetite, I have a constant pain in my lower pelvis, and I've been dealing with severe fatigue. I really wasn't expecting to find out what they told me today but I guess I'm looking for any insight into my symptoms and what to possibly expect. I have 4 kids and I'm really stressed out right now. To top it off my insurance is in limbo so I can't go see a doctor until next month. Like late next month unless they can fix it sooner.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know you posted this in cancer so I'm going to talk about cancer. I would be surprised that if you had cancer that waiting one month is going to make that cancer change enough to kill you. It is possible though that it is something altogether different and not cancer-related at all. But I can understand your concern especially if you're diagnosed with something before your insurance and then with today's rules I think you can be denied insurance. My first thought was endometriosis. But I don't understand why he would insist you see the doctor so quickly if he suspects endometriosis. I know I'm not giving you much to go on here. But maybe the best thing for you to do is to call your GP and talk to him or her before you make an appointment.

• Posted

Hi Courtney,

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this! When cancer is suspected, it's best not to gamble that what's going on can wait--because it can't.  I don't know if you're in the US or not, but if you're in the US you can't be denied insurance for a prior condition. 

Your symptoms are indications that something serious might be going on.  I know that you're scared and stressed, but don't wait to get something done.  You've got yourself and 4 kids to live for.

If there's any possibility you might have cancer--you need to start fighting it as soon as you can! There are tests to be performed, and results that need to be obtained, so even the diagnosis isn't instantaneous.  

I will keep you in my prayers.  Please let me know how you get on. xx  

• Posted

About the pre-existing condition... I think our lovely president managed to get that changed recently. So I think that insurance companies can now deny us on previous conditions. I know he was pushing for it, I'm just not a hundred percent positive that he got it passed but I'm pretty sure he did.

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies. I did some research and I can't be denied from anything preexisting. 

Which is a huge relief. I know it's something that has been a hot topic but so far it isn't implemented. I definitely don't want to wait because there's too much going on that raises red flags. Cancer runs in my family and I've had someone pass away from beast and cervical cancer as well as a couple other family members who have fought cancer. A lot of the symptoms are getting noticeably worse all at once and it makes me nervous. I'll be trying to follow up as soon as I can. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums as it leads to an error page. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I did some research on line, and I don't believe that this provision has been changed.  I think that Courtney could place a call to the insurance company she expects to have and find out.  

As for our "lovely" you know what.  Please don't get me started....

• Posted

I hope that you get some answers, soon.  When one is ill fear is one of the major traumas that have to be dealt with. Somehow you just have to deal with it and try to get well at the same time.  I know, all too well about that.  

Please let me know how you get on. You'll be in my prayers.  xx  

• Posted

Hi Courtney

I wouldn't worry too much

It could just be related to something that is not cancer

There are benign uterine tumors which are fairly common

Though you do have to keep up with doctors

Who can help you to proper treatment like surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.