Uterine cramping during BV?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been battling BV since April. I refuse to take antibiotics and have tried many natural remedies. I'm currently treating with boric acid, twice daily, morning and night and after sex. However, it always seems to come back right after period! I do not have any typical fish smell or discharge, however, I have heavy, menstrual-like cramping pelvic discomfort, and my outer lips seem to ache. I was wondering is anyone else here is experiencing uterine cramping during BV? It's very aggravating and I often get frustrated thinking that it could be something more serious, however, I know it's BV because I've been tested twice had a normal pap, and had a vaginal ultrasound that  did not show any abnormalities.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Layna, 

Sorry you’re going through this. I also have had BV for like 5 years but this year has been the worst for me. I’ve been on 6 rounds of antibiotics and creams and nothing seems to help. I started using Boric Acid two days ago and still experiencing itching and discharge. And now for the past 3 weeks I have had a lot of pelvic pain and I’m scared it’ll turn to pelvic inflammatory disease: ( I’m so depressed idk what else to do. I’ve tried supplements, antibiotics, everything!!! It’s a never ending cycle. 

• Posted

Hi Liz,

I'm sorry this has been a long road for you. I've never taken antibiotics as they destroy your body and provide no relief. Boric Acid is very effective, just be sure to stay on course for 2 weeks, twice per day and no sexual intercourse until your internal tissues heal. After the two week course, it's twice per week and after each intercourse as well as post-period. I'm currently reading Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine that discusses other great natural alternative and treatments. Diet change is essential, I gave up all sugar, dairy, bread, grains, and gluten. Have you heard of Goldenseal? It'm currently trying it and was successful in killing pain and UTI that I often get from my BV, it is known highly effective in treating BV as well. Do you get cramping as well? My BV always feels like period cramps and causes frequent urination and  UTI.

• Posted

Hi Layna,

That sounds awful and very familiar. Has your doctor ruled out fibroids or endometriosis? I'm not sure what would explain the pain around the labia. If there's also itching, it could be yeast.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I had an ultrasound done and everything looked normal, I only have one tiny fibroid in my uterus which can't cause all this pain ,so the doctor was not concerned about it. As far as endometriosis, I do not not have the symptoms or signs.

• Posted

Hmmm.. It sounds mysterious. I'm not a doctor, but maybe it's a bacterial imbalance issue, like dysbiosis. I know this condition can cause numerous kinds of symptoms. I have a video on YouTube that discusses dysbiosis a little. If you want to check it out, search for Ongoing BV and Yeast Issues No More. Good luck!

• Posted

There is no cure for BV!!!  Taking antibiotics does not touch this problem and sometimes you get worse.  Be careful.   Waste of time using Boric Acid suppositories!!

Get with your GYNE so she/he can come up with some type of game plan.  Don't think 'cramping' is associated with BV.  If you are having cramps when not on your period, then, there is a problem which has not been addressed.  

Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.