uterine/endometrial polyps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on this forum a few times with questions about post-menopausal bleeding.  All of you are such an encouragement and I thank you.  I am bothered again by the spotting and fairly light bleeding I am having.  Have had a clear biopsy.  Vaginal ultrasound showed lining somewhat thickened.  Taking progestin to thin it out.  After 5 months on that, started up the spotting/bleeding again.  Doing a hysteroscopy and D and C on October 6.  Doctor wants to look for polyps.  I am still concerned about how often and how long I bleed.  I may go several months or weeks with nothing and then it just appears.  Hangs on for a couple of weeks mostly spotting, sometimes more like a light to moderate period.  I know I have asked before, but if you have had experience with polyps, please tell me all you can about your experience.  My last bleed/spotting was just a month ago and lasted two weeks.  Now I am doing it again!  The constant bleeding plays with my mind as though there is something terribly wrong. In addition, I sometimes feel crampy as well.   Please, anyone else like this?  I need a bit more reassurance before the 6th of October.  I just want it done.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Good luck Debbie

I had bleeding 10 years after mp

Large fibroid benign

Since no bleeding

No low pain

Will keep a close watch though

Fibroids grow back

• Posted

thank you.  I suppose it could be a fibroid too.  Just not sure until the scope.
  • Posted

How did u initially find out you had polyps. I wish I had some information for you. But I don't know why I'm bleeding. Maybe that is normal for polyps to bleed.

• Posted

Debbie, wouldnt the progestin cause you to bleed?
    • Posted

I did have a light to moderate period the first two months on the progestion, but I started it back in March.  The doctor said I shouldn't be continuing any bleeding from that at this point.  That's why she wants to look inside the uterus, possibly stating that there could be a polyp, and then remove it along with doing a D and C.

• Posted

oh I see so you saying its been 6 months since you have taken the progestion
    • Posted

I have been taking it every day for the past six months.  Yes.
  • Posted

Hi Debbie

I also take prostegen tablets every day without any breaks . My consultant said I could due to heavy bleeding but I had already had the hysteroscopy and had my biopsies were clear. They did find a polyp which he recommends that it should be removed . I had an appointment but no was too high do it needs to be rescheduled.

So far I've only had a couple of day if very light spotting during th time I've been on them . But this last week I have been very achy in my pelvis area not sure if it's anything to do with tablets / uterus or what it is. I'm just seeing how it goes. I was told to expect some breakthrough bleeding but so far been ok . I do think if I do get it I will panic though I seem to have become paranoid !

• Posted

Pudds, why are the prostegen tablets given for and why do they have you to  take them everyday? 
    • Posted

I was having heavy bleeding they wanted me to have the coil or ablation but I didn't want that . I take 3 a day

• Posted

I see so it stops the heavy bleeding...But can it also cause you to spot or start bleeding once you stop it?
    • Posted

It can cause breakthrough bleeding , but I think the cool can aswell. Upto now I've only had a couple of days where I have had a very small amount if spotting . If I start to get it more often or heavier bleeding then j think I will be asking what else I can do .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.