Uterine Fibroid Embolisation.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had it done and I'm now 9 days post op. I just wondered if anyone knew how long the fever lasts it does come and go and I know everyone is different I just wondered.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm also 9 days post op. I had fever for about 5 days but at the moment they seem to have stopped.
  • Posted

My fever only lasted a couple of days but I suppose we all react differently.
  • Posted

I had UAE done on Wednesday (2 days ago) I think last night I had a very low grade fever but it stopped as soon as I took some Tylenol.

What is everyone's pain level like? Mine feels like period cramps on a bad day (which I'm used to after dealing with huge fibroids for 5 years) but I was expecting a lot more pain. I'm afraid that this means the procedure might not have worked for me... I had a fibroid die a couple of years ago and I remember the pain was excruciating.. What's your experience been like?

• Posted

My pains have not been bad like you I have moderate pain but still get fever 11 days post op and still can't walk very far. Other than that I'm fine.
    • Posted

Also I hope you are wrong about it not working if you are not in excruiting pain from Fibroids dying I have only one large Fibroid 10cm size. I had really bad periods but more heavy not painful and have gained 221bs since having endometrial Abalation. So I just want lighter periods and no pregnancy belly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.