Uterine Fibroid Embolisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi am nearly 7 weeks post op UFE. The pain I had for a few days has gone. My leg ache has almost gone as well. My periods are strange but better than pre op. Before UFE my periods were every 3 weeks and lasted 10 days. In that 10 days I had 2 days of flooding and 1 day of pain so bad I couldn't leave the house. Now I have had 3 periods in 6 weeks. The first one was heavy no flooding and no pain and lasted 4 days (2 light days) last one was in 2nd March. Heavy and painful for 3days but the pain wasn't in my tummy it was on my bikini line all 3 days. Day 4 was normal flow then it just stopped.

So if I could just get to 3 or 4 weeks between each one I will be happy. So if that continues then my iron levels will improve. All that is left then is the stomach which is going down gradually. Hope you are all well

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also to anyone who is offered Novasure (endometrial ablation) be careful. I had that done last March and it made every symptom worse. My periods went from heavy to flooding and my tummy grew to twice its size. Maybe it would have all happened without having Endometrial Ablation. All I'm saying is make sure you know all the cons and well as the pros before doing i
  • Posted

Did you go to an Interventional Radiologist for the procedure? In which city? What Doctor? Thanks. In Chicago, Dr Steven Smith is a pro at UFE and a Top 50 Doctor here. You can l;ok him up online
    • Posted

Hi bill yes an interventional radiologist did mine at Royal Preston Hospital Preston Lancashire England. He is called Dr Alistair Craig. I'm happy with it so much better than Hysterectomy especially now I have found it that they would have removed my healthy cervix and possibly ovaries. There is a chance I could develop a new Fibroid but if I did I would just have it done again. Anything is better than healthy organs unnecessarily removed. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Thanks Patricia. This is good information to know for me, but especially for all the women sufferers communicating on this blog site. I hope they all listen and do their homework rather than just surrendering to the easier but much harsher approaches.
  • Posted

Hi I had an ablation done in 2011for heavy periods due to fibroids,it was Novasure, Things have been great till now,my periods went from heavy and erratic to nothing at all,and my recovery was very quick,but I have noticed the last few weeks I have a ball size area of pain just to the right side of my tummy button the leg pain and bloat is back,and so is the back ache in lower back and sciatic area, think things are starting up again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.