Uterine fibroid Embolisation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all just an update I'm now 3 and half months post op. Still got the pregnancy belly.this is the longest few months of my life. Just want it gone. Hope I start to see results on month 5 I was hoping for a 22 11bs Weight loss. (The weight I gained due to having a Endo Ablation) glad I had the UFE cos I feel massively better except for the belly still look pregant

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia glad you feel better from the op anyway, I also feel disappointed when after Esmya my uterus seems to shrink on the inside but my clothes don't really fit any better. I have nearly finished this course now and it's been strange this time, more bleeding the last month, but only ever when I've been sleeping, like a seepage of old blood. Can hardly feel the fibroids though.
    • Posted

Hi Christine yeah I am disappointed but I'm hoping that in 2 months the belly has gone that's what the Radiology said it would be so they are probably right. I also can't wait to stop using bulky night towels. Other than that I'm a lot better I have more energy. That's strange that the bleeding happens while you sleep. Maybe it's the Fibroid breaking down. I get what looks like shards of tissue when I have my periods. Got PMT today so feeling crap. I think it's worse when you have this xx

• Posted

I've given up trying to guess what's happening in there, whether the bleeding is good or bad, etc. I have kept taking the ACV every day, and I've ordered DIM capsules as I've read good things about shrinking fibroids with them, also I've upped my intake of broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage as these all provide DIM. I've also almost completely eliminated gluten and dairy. My biggest worry is the hormones in meat, there is a new organic supermarket opened nearby, so I will look at the meat there. Hard otherwise to get organic meat in Spain.
    • Posted

Hi Christine I would just like to know where you are getting the DM capsules as I think I might try them to get rid of my bulk. Can't find anywhere In uk. Thanks
    • Posted

You can get them from Amazon, I couldn't as they wouldn't ship them here, I got them from a company called Revital. Still waiting for delivery.
  • Posted

I am right there with you. I gained 15-20 lbs in 3-4 months because of the tumor. Had procedure 6 weeks ago and still no change in weight. I actually dropped in my anemia level again, which is odd. It is very frustrating. I was a very active fit person and now coming into summer, not fitting into my clothes is a huge let down.
  • Posted

Hi Patricia,

Can you tell me a bit about post op & prep. Also size of your fibroid & the pain afterwards? Did you stay in for a day, did they keep you on a drip for pain relief? How long did you need pain killers for afterwards? Have they said this will keep you going to menopause? Or will you need surgery? How has it improved so far? Did you try the drug route to reduce before hand? What were your symptoms? Sorry for all the questions, but really keen to speak to people in a similar situation than myself. Thanks H

• Posted

I'm also wondering what DIM is & ACV? I have a very big fibroid on my lower posterior wall, back pain, hip pain, have had so many injections I've lost count. Had Esmya for 6 months no difference in size, (in symptoms yes as no periods) then 6 months of the Zoladex implant )little difference in size) but didn't like side effects did it without any tibelone though as so wanted it to reduce to help the prospects of keyhole surgery. Now back on Esmya while they decide if I can have AUE or if quite simply, that'd I'd end up with surgery anyway & the AUE may not be worth it.
    • Posted

Hi Heather ACV is Apple Cider Vinegar which should be organic and with the 'mother' enzymes, some people have experienced fibroid shrinkage taking it, and DIM is Di-Indole Methane a chemical which is derived from brassicas such as cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, but it's almost impossible to eat enough to get an effective amount, which is why supplements are more useful. It's quite expensive though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.