Uterine Fibroid Embolization

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my UFE on 12/12/13. I didn't read alot about in on the internet because I didn't want to get freaked out. My doctor did the procedure through an artery in my left wrist. The procedure went well, but the pain afterwards was a MONSTER. I was advised that the pain would be like labor pain and that is true. I had those labor pains for 5 days. My pain medication (Toradol and Percocet) didn't take the pain away. On day 2, I called the doctor's office and was advised to take the pills more often than prescribed. The adjustment helped, but I was out of pills by day 5. When I exhausted all of my pills, I switched to 800 mil Ibuprophen. I initiall took a week off from work, but I wasn't ready to return to work on the following MOnday because I spent 5 days fighting pain and two days with minimum movement. I added two additional sick days and they were what was needed. Today is day 10 post procedure. I already feel better. I am looking forward to monitoring what happens. I am prayerful that my issues were resolved by having the UFE.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I understand totally. I also opted for the wrist way instead of my leg. Thank God to. I'm on my feet at work all the time. It's been 4 weeks for myself. This is my first full week back to work. I tried before but my body couldn't . Take it slow when you do go back. Everyday I feel like I have a belly ache which I have learned this comes from the procedure . So don't push it. I had a 18 inch fibroid , and can see that the UFE has helped it's starting to shrink more. Let's cross our fingers ladies and pray for all of us....

• Posted

I had the exact same thing with my procedure which was done on 10/24/16. He went through my left wrist as well. 3 of the 4 nurses who treated me weren't familiar with them going through the wrist. I took 3-weeks off because my pain didn't start until 2 days after discharge, but might have been okay after week 2. I'm almost 2 months post op and I feel great. I'm back to wearing my regular clothes as the fibroids have shrunk and I saw the difference within the first 2 weeks. I have an MRI scheduled next month prior to my second follow up visit. I pray we all stay well without any post op complications.

• Posted

I had my UFE on 12/12/16. I didn't read alot about in on the internet because I didn't want to get freaked out. My doctor did the procedure through an artery in my left wrist. The procedure went well, but the pain afterwards was a MONSTER. I was advised that the pain would be like labor pain and that is true. I had those labor pains for 5 days. My pain medication (Toradol and Percocet) didn't take the pain away. On day 2, I called the doctor's office and was advised to take the pills more often than prescribed. The adjustment helped, but I was out of pills by day 5. When I exhausted all of my pills, I switched to 800 mil Ibuprophen. I initiall took a week off from work, but I wasn't ready to return to work on the following MOnday because I spent 5 days fighting pain and two days with minimum movement. I added two additional sick days and they were what was needed. Today is day 10 post procedure. I already feel better. I am looking forward to monitoring what happens. I am prayerful that my issues were resolved by having the UFE.

• Posted

Glad your over the worst, similar scenario myself, took 12 days off work, first five were hellish, had a good week last week but now have a chest infection, I'm just run down I think, hope you have a wonderful Christmas and start the new year energised xxxx

• Posted

I've caught some kind of cold also. Just finished all Xmas shopping need to relax for sure now and take some pain pills. Merry Christmas to you also.good luck in the new year.

• Posted

Take it easy. My husband just said that to me today. I feel fine but he don't want me to overdo it. Merry Christmas 

• Posted

Take it easy and be ready to enjoy 2017! Merry Christmas 
  • Posted

Im 4 days into recovery from hystorectemy sore but feel not to bad when they went to take grapfruit size fybroid out turned out size of a melon was stuck fast even attached to some of my bowel no wonder i was in so much pain day after day im glad i have had it done dont get me wrong. When i woke up from op i didnt know where i was and in so much pain and beeing sik but the sickness only lasted 1 day can only get better from here on looking forward to xmas dinner at daughters first time im not cooking kids doung everything for me i i know they able they can carry on haha hope everyone is good all the best for 2017
    • Posted

Wow!Prayers for complete healing for you. We go through so much. My bleeding was so bad prior to my UFE that I didn't have energy to do anything. I am hoping to get back to exercising and living without the fear of clots destroying everything. Merry Christmas 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.