Uterine Fibroid Embolization / The struggle is REAL!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wed. 3/28 UFE procedure done (large fibroid 9cm@right abdomen) & stayed overnight in hospital. Had to urinate a certain amount to leave. Excruciating pain like childbirth and issues managing pain. Intense cramping, tremendous pressure in vagina, some vomiting and increase Oxcycodone  meds(double up) Fri. and ran out Sat. Rough weekend and had to go back to ER for more meds & ultrasound. Sent home but still no BM. Followed recovery instructions and so much difficulty. Monday night I decided to stop take all meds and just use Aleve since I still hadn’t had BM & this was what supposedly causing pain. Pear & prune juice, stool softener 3 s day since post UFE & final 2 pellets Tues. 4/2. Wed morning BM sm stone size and pressure when urinating often through the day. Now I have UTI an have appt to see doc. In desperation for s clean guy I drank 16 fl of Kumbucha and my stomach rumbling but I’m desperate for relief. I seriously had no idea and don’t feel prepared to go back to my classroom. I’m shuffling around my house stir crazy but feel like the uncomfortable pressure, random sharp pain belly button/stomach/vagina, burning in my snusmust cease so I can work. I’ve read about making changes in food and diet in some of the threads and will make the changes.  Thanks for listening and any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had mine done feb 2018 the pain after is the worse. I had flu like symptoms about a week. I had chills and night sweats. I woke up having to change shirt. I had constipation about a week you will finally go believe it. It is painful and thought I'd never feel normal. I didn't have pain in vagina you mite want to check with Dr for infection. I'm not sure. I thought I'd go paralysed I couldn't move neck and had the weirdest pain in it not like when your just sore. It may have been from general anesthesia not sure why mine wasn't local. I too had 9cm and a bunch smaller. I feel normal now but had I e super heavy period freaked me out but I'll have too see and go back in may to check if they are shrinking. Ask me questions if you would like good luck.

• Posted

The cramping is so ridiculous! I teach snd I’m supposed to go back on Monday but how?! I’ve taken Aleve to manage my cramps before the UFE but the cramps after one week are still rolling and intense. Sometimes I feel like my fibroids are p****d. Thought I had a UTI or yeast infection and went to doc yesterday but don’t but could be starting one so I have a script. There is pressure and it hurts when I urinate. Last night I used organic virgin coconut oil and a tampon to apply as coconut oil is natural antifugal. I got some relief. Listen, might be rambling but any suggestion about pain management? I want to feel like myself again!😢

• Posted

Oh I know the cramping at first is so intense. I bought a heating pad and used that often. The pressure is from being constipated. I did use my pain pills but if it's too much cut in half. I used tylonal after and stopped pain pill but dont wait till pain is so bad that you cant handle take those pain pills even if you hate them. Oh ya that is pushing it going back Monday. Dr told me to take the 3 days off there is no way. I read how painful and took 12 days off. You are not rambling this is so serious and scary. I promise you will feel normal. I was terrified I would stay that way. You can reach out anytime. Our bodies heal different. The only annoying thing now is I have small passing of tissue from fibroids I have to wear panty liners but beatS the hysterectomy. That means the fibroids are dying. If you can take off longer. There is no incision but you can't see this kinda pain.

• Posted

Wow, I identify with 90% of your experience.  I to went through this.  The severe cramping, rumblings and feeling  like the fibroids were angry because they were getting dealt with....LOL.

But, I am in 6 month and it has all settled down for me......I am feeling like my old self again 10 years prior to fibroids invading and taking over my life.  I am the happiest I have been in 10 years....I am actually living again.

So, hang in there.  It will get better for your too.

• Posted

Reading about all the cramps and pains is scary. Thank you BellaOne for the sunshine at the end of the tunnel. I am dreading my op.
    • Posted

Hi Victoria,

Don't dread it.....have faith that you too will come through this and all will be okay.  Once you get past the postop pains, you will be fine.  I have no regrets even when I was in so much pain because I knew that having a hysterectomy would have been worse and brought on depression.  i'll say a prayer for you too.  This forum has amazing support.  

• Posted

Thanks! I’m feeling better. I went back to work last week feeling 85% myself. I got my period 2 weeks after UFE and it took me back. It lasted 7 days instead of 5, which was different.  I’m hoping the cramping gets better in 6 months. Thanks for sharing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.