Uterine fibroids

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

i had an open MYOMECTOMY on the 22nd february 2018.

i still have a tummy that looks 5 months pregant. it has not gone down also an UMBILICLAL HERNIA

saw gynae on 8.10.18.

he said that the FIBROID has not caused the big tummy i have. really i said. so if i exercise and go on a diet.he said no as your tummy muscles are weak. you will have that forever unless you have a tummy tuck. why do i look pregant rather than fat i asked. he said that the scar tissue from my MYOMECTOMY is flat and my tummy is not. that is the reason i look pregant rather than fat.

i am going to a GENERAL SURGEON to get my HERNIA repaired. and as part of that i will get a half tummy tuck as they have to strengthen the muscle wall to stop the Repair from opening. i am pushing for a full one though as i believe the LARGE FIBROID caused this. the only thing that made me feel better was when he said you would still have this even if you had gone for HYSERECTOMY. as least my decision was justified. i am posting this as a caution to other ladies out there. i am deflated but will fight to get my body back. i now have a 4.5cm FIBROID causing bleeding issues i have been assured at my age 52 it wil not get any bigger i have asked for a scan in 6 months time if it has i will insist on if being removed either HYSTERSCOPIC MYOMECTOMY or laser treatment.

hope everyone is well

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hola! I am hoping I understood your note. So you have a 4.5cm fibroid inside your 5month sized uterus right now? If yes, you have your big belly culprit there- the fibroid. if So, what did your gynae remove? He/she is not doing you justice with the pointers to plastic surgery. I had a myomectomy in May. I looked 6 months preggie at the time- yes that was the size of my uterus. My gyne removed 13 tumors. My belly shrunk a teeny bit after 4 weeks. it was still big and I could not do tummy exercises because of the new incision. I was also 200+ lbs heavy. I started exercising- aerobics and Core strength using plank techniques. I have lost about 1.5 dress sizes and my belly is still big but only shows when I am naked in front of a mirror. My belly button for the first time is closed. Healing and restoration will take time & effort. Your gyne is not willing to embrace the complete truth, which is that with that "four point fiver" in your uterus, no plastic surgery will give you a flat tummy. if you were talking muffin tops I'd agree with him/ her. Get a 2nd Opinion please So you don't have to subject yourself to a lot of Surgical trauma. Also hernia can give you a bulgy belly look. So quite a bit going on. I wish you health and soon too! Best of luck.

• Posted

HI PATRICIA,

I had myomectomy done in early march this year. MY tummy is currently twice what i used to have. l am exercising and keeping fit but i am no longer in shape like i used to before the operation. Maybe it was being anaemic back then that keeps me in shape.. ANY HINT ON HOW TO GET RID WILL BE WELL APPRECIATED.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.