uterine fibroids and tiredness

Posted , 3 users are following.

please is anyone experiencing tiredness i seem to be tired easily and am not anaemic or having heavy periods by blood level is fine and nothing else i can think off apart from thinking whether this fibroids do make one tired. because i want to be believe this little critters take nourishment from the body as well .i cant wait to have the laproscopic mymectomy

has anyone experience this as well

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

YES, YES, YES!!!!

I was on meds to stop bleeding and gain strength before hysterectomy - Thought I would use the time to increase my fitness workouts in prep for op...how naive! I was totally wiped!!!! I'm usually very active somit was a huge change for my family. Simple chores became like huge tasks, felt soooo drained all of the time. Feeling sooooo much better after surgery!!

Eat well and rest when you need to but in my experience, I felt that my fibroid was a parasite just sucking the life out of me, happy to be rid of it!!

• Posted

thank you for confirming what i was thinking too. i cant wait to have them removed by keyhole

but thanks for your response

• Posted

Hello,

I experience lot's of tiredness when I'm on my period; like a wiped out tiredness feeling. I thought it was just my normal side effects but once I learned I had fibroids, I bet a large portion of it is the fibroids. I have my myomectomy scheduled for 12/12/18 so I hope to compare my current tiredness to post mymomectomy.

• Posted

yesi guess they are the caus. all the best am waiting to get a date for the operation as well .

• Posted

Hi Eeka,

how are you feeling now post mymomectony do you still feel tired? am waiting for a date to have them removed

• Posted

Hi jay59548, now that I'm in my 6th week of recovery, I'm feeling more back to normal. I am ready to return to work on 1/23/19. There's a little swelling still mainly because I haven't started excising yet but my insides don't hurt anymore. I did have a period already and I didn't feel any of my pre-surgery symptoms. I should be getting my next one soon but I definitely feel different. Tiredness for right now isn't like it was before.

I hope they schedule it soon for you. I waited a month because the doc rush ordered my surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.